Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Not yet, I'll have to wait for it to break

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • NO, I'm confident of my Glock!

Votes: 15 33.3%

• Total voters

rage

EM**** G30, not broke yet!:)

I spoke to Glock and was assured I would get a fix/replacement whenever I wanted. Glock frame support!:rolleyes:

aquapong

I didn't vote because you didn't have an option for "called Glock and they said my 19 wasn't affected." It's gotten me to thinking that since some E Glocks are affected and some aren't, maybe all the defective ones were made on a particular machine or by a specific operator.

Slabside

An associate found out Friday from Glock that 4 of his "E" prefix frames were affected and would be replaced. He had not experienced any problems out of the group but for peace of mind, he decided to go ahead and have the frames replaced.

Personally, I haven't had any problems w/ any Glock from the beginning up through the D prefix. I imagine that most owners of E prefix guns wouldn't either but since the service of free frame replacement is offered to those owners, I believe it would be in their best interest to have them replaced. I wouldn't want that nagging question in the back of my mind "would there be a failure on that one time that I really need the protection?".

Slabside

mcshot

From what I've read a cracked or broken left side frame does not mean there will be FTF.
I understand that Glock has fired such a "broken" gun(s) 4,000 times.
I don't see the need for all the emotion that is being generated. But some feel that it will break when needed and they will join the dead.
Emotions can sure cloud an issue as witnessed time and time again in gun control and politics.

Bandit

From my understanding of the information I received on the matter, this recall is to replace frames that can potentially have the rear slide grooves break on the frame. This malady doesn't render the gun useless, however is a potential hazard should the broken part(s) get into the wrong place that could conceivably tie up the pistol.

Most of my Glocks are the "non-finger-groove" Gen 2 models, but I do own a few that may have been affected. I called early after finding out they were replacing frames and talked to a very helpfull lady at Glock Inc. Smyrna Ga. None of the very few Gen3 Glocks I own are affected nor fall within the serial numbers they are concerned with. According to her, only 1 of 25,000 of the frames they are wantng returned have EVER had this frame mounted slide rail breakage problem. To Glock's credit, that was unacceptable to them, hence the call for the frames to be replaced.

Just my .02,

Rick
2guns.gif

juliet charley

One of the problems with the whole issue is that Glock, Inc. is being considerably less than totally honest about the whole the deal.

1. They have yet to make any public acknowledgement or announcement that there are several tens of thousand of Glocks with defective frames being used (and still in the dealer and distribution channels). In particular, they have not bothered to notify any of their law enforcement customers that the weapons they are using are defective.

2. The 1 in 25,000 figure being tossed around so freely is at best totally meaningless, and at worse, totally bogus. It flat does not track logically. I don't think Glock has any idea of how many of the defective frames will fail sooner or later.

3. Sure, they fired four thousand one broken frame frame (maybe), and it worked (maybe). That does not mean every defective Glock will continue to work for four thousand rounds. What if both rear rails break (simultaneously or due to the strain because one rail broke)? What if it did break, and your weapon stopped working when you needed--I'm not talking at the range--I'm talking life or death? They cannot guarantee that your weapon, or any other weapon, will work with a broken frame. It is feel good baloney.

The following post from Glock Talk sums up the issue best of all:
This really hacks me off. I just looked at my G31 and my G26, and both of the SN's are high in the range. I have a question--I'm just a small county deputy who had to purchase my Glocks on my own, my G31 is LEO only my G26 is not. When was Glock going to notify me that I need to give mine back to be fixed--before or after it fails when I need it the most?????? And what about other officers who are not so fortunate to have a computer and even a remote chance to gain the needed information pertaining to this?

I'm going to call Glock Monday, and if I indeed find out that mine are in need of repair, they will be fixed then sold. Luckily I have a H&K USP .40--it just became my primary weapon and new best friend.

I want to say thanks to all who have put in this vital officer saftey information. Theres no telling how many lives you saved. We have several more in my department that carry Glocks, and I will spread the word.

Zander

I have seen it reported that the four Glocks which failed in one department alone were not only non-functioning but non-repairable.

Can anyone confirm this?

If so, Glock isn't being honest with its customers. Either way, I find their silence on this problem to be absolutely unacceptable. Were they hoping it would just go away? :rolleyes:

9mmMike

My brand new GSSF edition 17 (that I just got last Saturday) is on the list. I voted "wait to break" as the overwhelming evidence is that there are far more "E" series that have thousands of rounds through them with no problems than there are broken ones.
There are quite a few Glock owners over at GlockTalk (surprise!) and very few reports of any problems. This is much like the "phase III" malfunctions that were blown out of proportion.
I posted a poll on those for anyone who actually had one. No friend of a friend of a cousin allowed, and there were two or three as I recall.
Now, if this were my daily carry gun, I'd certainly sign up for the replacement frame, just to be safe.
I'd do it without crying about it and carry an alternate until it came back. Trying to be a half-full kinda person, you could use it as an excuse to get a second pistol while yours is away.
Think positive.
It really is not a big deal and those folks who are already predisposed against Glocks are the only ones ranting about it.
Mike