GLOCK G26 Magazines

BarryLee

I'm curious if anyone uses 12 round magazines for the GLOCK G26. Which brands do you use (GLOCK, Magpul, other)? How does it impact concealability? How difficult is it to load all 12 rounds?

I’m inquiring because I’d like the additional capacity if there were no real negatives. I’m not worried about increasing grip size, so not really interested in extensions that don’t increase capacity.

Last edited:

Onward Allusion

The +2 mag extensions makes the 26 mag almost as long as the 19. The +2's that I've tinkered with didn't come with a new spring, either. I would use a 19 mag with a sleeve if capacity is important.

FITASC

Or just get the 19; by the time you add the extension, the concealability benefit of the 26 over the 19 is gone.

TunnelRat

The +2 mag extensions makes the 26 mag almost as long as the 19.

Or just get the 19; by the time you add the extension, the concealability benefit of the 26 over the 19 is gone.

I'm going to disagree with this. When I get home I will take and then post a picture. The extension does make the front of the grip longer, but the angled nature of the extension leaves a sizable difference between the 19 and the G26 extended magazines at the back of the grip. If you carry from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock it can make a noticeable difference in printing, obviously depending on your body.

The +2's that I've tinkered with didn't come with a new spring, either.

The G26 magazines use a G19 spring. That means the G26 springs are already very highly tensioned. I don't think the slight reduction in spring tension will be a problem, but if it concerned you replacement springs are very cheap and you could always use Wolff extra power springs.

I like the Glock branded magazine extensions. I think it does improve controllability as opposed to not using them. As someone that often carries a G19 I also go that route when I need a bit more concealability because I know I will be bending over more. For me it does make a difference.

The negative I have found with it is that while shooting my finger can get pinched between the frame and the lip on the extension. On the standard magazines my pinky usually rides below the magazine.

FITASC

I added the Pearce XL extension to do as you describe; that said, they did not increase capacity, just finger grip. The other +2 extensions DO add some more length along the back side of the grip.

JDBerg

https://www.magpul.com/firearms-acc...rms-accessories/pmags/glock-pmags/pmag-12-gl9

I highly recommend these Magpul PMAG 12 rd. magazines for your Glock 26. Their 15 round magazines work great in my G19, and their 17 round magazines work great in my G17 and my 19x.

And I love the fact that Magpul management told the Governor of Colorado where to stick the unenforceable 15 round mag limit law enacted in 2013, by moving the company out of Erie, CO, sending several hundred jobs and @$80 mil annual tax revenue to Texas and Wyoming!

smee78

I use the Magpul PMAG 12 rounder in my G26 for carry and just carry a G19 mag as a back up. They are the same length as my factory mags were with just the grip extenders so it was a no brainer for me.

JC57

I have used all of the following with no problems:

Glock factory 12-round
Gock 10-round mag with the Pearce PG-39 extension (really only +2 even though it claims +3)
G19 mag with X-Grip adapter (15 rounds).

All three work. All load like any other magazines load. I guess it would depend on how you carry yours if you would lose any concealability.

BarryLee

Thanks for the feedback.

I already have some G17/19 magazines, but had hoped that the factory GLOCK/Magpul 12 round magazines might be a little easier to conceal.

Some of the reviews I read at Brownells or Midway said that you couldn't load all 12 rounds and/or that the gun may not cycle properly. So, I was really interested in other users experience with function/quality. I suppose the concealability thing will just be something I'll have to try.

jr24

I have found the OEM +2 mags significantly easier to conceal than the 19 mag w/strip due to less backstrap area, akin to a bobbed 1911.

I find the Magpul 12 round mags even easier to conceal and more comfortable in the hand to boot.

I use the magpul, have had no issues and dont find them hard to load*

*please note I apparently have very strong thumbs because I find most "difficult to load" mags, such as 9 round Glock 30 mags, not terribly difficult to load without my UPLULA. But seriously, get an UPLULA they are awesome.

JERRYS.

I personally got with the G26 for concealment reasons. the stock flat based magazines are best for this. I find back up magazine configurations to be irrelevant because at the point of their use, crap has hit the fan already.

amd6547

I bought two of the Magpul 12’s. It was a little difficult to get the twelfth round in, but they have worked perfectly.

2damnold4this

When I carry my G26, I use a factory Glock 12 round magazine. It doesn't add musch more to the footprint and makes the pistol easier to grip. It isn't that expensive to buy one to try but if you aren't too far from Athens, you are welcome to try mine, if you like.

TunnelRat

The attached shows the difference between a G19 and a G26 with factory 12 rd mags. To me the difference is noticeable and worth it.IMG_20180725_222106.jpegIMG_20180725_222041.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

youngridge

I always spent the extra couple bucks and get the Glock magazines. Swap out the bottom base pad for my 26 mags with pierce extensions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TailGator

I have the Glock 12-round mag. No problem loading it fully. I carry it as my spare mag, because I feel like the standard 10-round mag conceals better for me, and I shoot it as well or better with the 10-round mag.

Uncle Malice

I use the 12rd Magpul mag or flush 10rd. It's notably shorter than the 10rd Glock mag with Glock +2 extension. Quite comfortable.