Glock 43x and -48..now in all black

RsqVet

Tallest --- It's been done, around 2008? CCF race frames. All metal Glock frame -- Aluminum or Stainless.

Google you can find them I am sure.

http://www.ccfraceframes.com/articles.php

They were a VERY brief flash in a very hot pan. A few folks I know messed with them, to very, very limited success. In short making one run and run as well as a bone stock Glock is not a trivial matter, in fact from what I saw of them if you gave me a choice between one of them and an AMT I might pick the AMT.

Yeah really that bad.

From the troubleshooting I saw on them, replacing the flex of a polymer frame with zero flex or near zero flex of metal along with tight tolerances equaled a disaster. I am of the opinion that if one took a grander to one and loosened things up to near GI 1911 rattle trap specs it might work fine but would have defeated what folks were going for and no one would ever take me up on my offer to try.... frankly at this point if someone gave me one I'd like make it into a paperweight.

Tallest

Tallest --- It's been done, around 2008? CCF race frames. All metal Glock frame -- Aluminum or Stainless.

Google you can find them I am sure.

http://www.ccfraceframes.com/articles.php

They were a VERY brief flash in a very hot pan. A few folks I know messed with them, to very, very limited success. In short making one run and run as well as a bone stock Glock is not a trivial matter, in fact from what I saw of them if you gave me a choice between one of them and an AMT I might pick the AMT.

Yeah really that bad.

From the troubleshooting I saw on them, replacing the flex of a polymer frame with zero flex or near zero flex of metal along with tight tolerances equaled a disaster. I am of the opinion that if one took a grander to one and loosened things up to near GI 1911 rattle trap specs it might work fine but would have defeated what folks were going for and no one would ever take me up on my offer to try.... frankly at this point if someone gave me one I'd like make it into a paperweight.
Thanks! That's a lot of interesting, and slightly disappointing information. Haha!

I work in metal fab shop, and our CNC room could make one if I got the drawing, but it seems like it would be a futile, and probably frustrating endeavor.

And not that it's needed... I like my Glocks as they are.

Metric

Personally, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

To my knowledge, no one has ever been successful long term with metal mags in Glocks. Stamped or cut sheet metal just doesn't do well with polymer catches. And over time, I don't think polymer bushings in said metal mags would be reliable.

For 15 rounds, get a G19 and think skinny! ;)

Shield Arms went live for pre-orders a few hours ago. They are also taking orders for an aluminum magazine catch.