Glock 43x and -48..now in all black

Tallest

Neither did I, I have a G48 that I'm quite pleased with.

They just came out with the black, but there seem to already be rumors that there will be another release in black adding a rail for lights/lasers. I say just hold out for the "G48 MOS" they're sure to release to compete with the Sig 365XL. ;)

jonnyc

We got the all-black 48s in the shop, but no 43X yet. I'm happy with the look and performance of my silver 43X, no plan to change.

sarge912

I will probably try for a 43x in all black when my store gets one in. The silver slide on my 48 gets dirty quickly.

rickmelear

Bought a original 43X in two tone. Wouldn’t change a thing. In fact, I’d buy the two tone over the all black again. Different taste for all.

OhioGuy

Anyone think these rumored 15 round aftermarket magazines will become reality? They're listed on that company's site as available this summer, and summer is dwindling pretty rapidly.

Tallest

Anyone think these rumored 15 round aftermarket magazines will become reality? They're listed on that company's site as available this summer, and summer is dwindling pretty rapidly.
Personally, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

To my knowledge, no one has ever been successful long term with metal mags in Glocks. Stamped or cut sheet metal just doesn't do well with polymer catches. And over time, I don't think polymer bushings in said metal mags would be reliable.

For 15 rounds, get a G19 and think skinny! ;)

cslinger

No dog in this fight so to speak but I believe they are going to release a replacement metal mag button/catch etc. with the metal magazine.

Tallest

Maybe one of these days someone will just make an absurdly expensive steel frame for a Glock.

Then we can have a civil war between those who think it's sacrilege, and those who think it's finally the end all be all of hand guns. ;)

jr24

Looks like Glock capitalized on the Glock 19x marketing strategy. Release a model folks want in a color only some like but others will buy because they like the gun.

Then release it in the preferred black and watch a bunch of them buy it again, plus all those waiting for the black version.

Brilliant.

I like the Black better myself, never much liked the 2 tone look on any guns. I also like a 26 or 19 better and doubt I'd have gotten one regardless, though they do feel pretty good in the hand.

BillSussman

I agree with the post above. Surprised the 43X and 48, weren't released as new models where the only difference is the black slide. They have gone a little crazy lately with 9mm models.

allenomics

The silver slide made the 43x and 48 look like a budget-priced Kahr. Not a looker. In addition to the black slide, these pistols need a G5 grip texture.