Glock 42

JohnKSa

Administrator
Here's a review of the Glock 42 by a guy who knows a thing or two about guns and shooting them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZOkPAET86c&list=UUhk5eyAGuO3J4rV-CiMNkNQ&feature=share&index=2

Some issues with chambering the first round out of the magazine were encountered. The reviewer suggests that those issues might go away with a break-in. He suggests that most autos need a 200 round break-in which is an interesting comment given some of the categorical statements to the contrary we often hear on the internet. Of course, with only a couple million or so rounds downrange, a few world-records in the books and 90 something world & national titles, what does he know...

LockedBreech

Jerry is so much fun to watch. Inhuman level of skill. It's the shooting equivalent of watching Peyton Manning throw a perfect pass into double coverage.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I haven't played with the SIGs, but there is the possibility of getting the ejector in a weird state with the Colts .380 pistols. I believe it's called "reversing the ejector" or something similar.

AndyWest

Surely someone's put a few hundred rounds through a Glock 42 by now? Miculek's videos just depress me because I'll never be 1/10th as good :)

Deaf Smith

M2 has. He posted about it on Glocktalk.

THAT is where the 300 round breakin period I mentioned earlier.

Yea I'm a gun nut that would do it, but how many causal purchasers would?

Deaf

mburmaster

Made it to the range and had only two times that the second round did not get picked up not sure what magazine (only have two) it was. I was using one box of Wolf silver bear with no issue other than above. Seven yards nice group. Will update on the next trip, right now could not be happier