Glock 29!!!!!!!!

denfoote

Of late, I have been making forays into the Forty caliber world, specifically the Kahr K40. Well, I was trying to get rid of my G19 in exchange for one. (I have way to many 9mm's) All deals and offers went untouched, both in real time and on the internet, until now!! Nobody wanted to trade me a K40 or any kind of 10mm kurz pistol for that matter, so I said "the heck with it" and traded the G19 for a NIB unfired Glock 29!! The deal goes down this weekend!!
Now, this leads to the real purpose for this posting (I bet you all thought there was none by now!! ;) ) I need some info on mostly ammo availability, recommended bullet weights for self defense, good manufacturers, and a theoretical recoil comparison between the full power 10mm and say, the 230gr .45 +P out of a G36!!!

Thanks in advance for listening to this crazy old Guaro!!! :D

lunde

Nice choice!

g29-left-flat.jpg

Tom B

Winchester STHP 175gr for carry. I bought Blazer 200gr FMJ from ammoman.com and Georgia Arms 180gr FMJ for range ammo. These all shot well in my G20.

lhkas

why don't you try some federal 180 hydra shok-jhp for carry,then check out www.georgia-arms.com for play time 180gr fmj-1000 per case $180.00 or 180gr lead flat point for $160.00 per 1000
forgot this FYI, FMJ=1100 FPS LFP=950FPS. can't help you out on the recoil end.

OJ

Glock 29 is a great choice! I shoot my G 29 a little better than I do with my G 20 -- for reasons not clear to me. The G 29 conceals better than the G 20, naturally, and I don't feel undergunned with the 10 round mags instead of the 15 rounders.

I'm with Tom B -- I use Winchester 175 gr STHP for carry and Blazer 200 gr FMJ for the range. I check back and forth to Ammoman and Natchez for the best price and lay in a good stock because those are hard to find locally.

:cool: :D

TIR

I own a G29 and have a freind that owns a G36. The 29 with some of my super hot reloads does produce a sharper recoil than the 36. With Silvertips in the 29 and Cor-bon +P's in the 36 I can't tell any difference in perceived recoiled. The 36 with it's narrower frame does seem to hurt the hand after a few boxes of the hot stuff though. The 29 is definitely an impressive and versatile piece, I carry mine in a Comp tac undercover pro and am quite comfortable all day long. I have only shot the Silvertips and Cor-bon 180 grainers, all my practice ammo are my own reloads, 180 grs. at 1100fps. If you do reload don't buy once fired brass from Dillon, I did once and won't ever do that again. Enjoy!!! Keep in mind my freind also has a Scandium Smith in 357 mag that is also a joy to shoot.

tlhelmer

I have both the G-29 and the G-36. The recoil from the G-29 using hot loads is a little snappier than the G-36. I have found that the slimmer (1.13") G-36 seems to make my palm sore after an afternoon of shooting whereas the wider (1.27") G-29 does not.

I use 155gr. Georgia Arms Gold-Dots in my G-29. I dont have a chrono, but i have been told that they average about 1200 FPS out of the G-29.

Attachments

• mvc-008s.jpg
    mvc-008s.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 97

krept

Aha... not only a return to the dark side, but a 10MM AS WELL? :D

Congrats.

BTW, any good shops out here in the Westside? I'm @ Goodyear now.

agtman

Georgia Arms 10mm.

Good stuff, especially their plinking/practice ammo. Reasonable prices, too.

G.A.'s 10mm/180gn carry load uses the Gold Dot H.P., which I've found to be very accurate. ProLoad also has quality 10mm ammo.

Hornady's "full-load" 10mm/180gn XTP/JHP @ 1150fps is extremely accurate in my pistols.

HTH. :)

:cool:

IRock

Federal Hydra shoks are a real light load. They are in the .40 caliber range, power wise. Not the best for self defense in the 10mm.

IRock

I bought a 29 this year also. It is the first Glock I have owned and bought it because I wanted a 10mm. The gun has been fantastic. It eats every thing I feed it and has functioned great. This comes from a guy that shoots mostly 1911's. Have fun.

denfoote

Well, I did it!!

Sitting next to me at this very minute is a unfired LNIB G29!!! The guy I traded my G19 for scrubbed all the factory lube off!!! When I got it home it was squeaky clean!! I mean SQUEAKY!! No oil, dirt... nothing!! I lubed it up and now it's ready to test tomorrow!! It has adjustable sights and Pierce mag extensions on both of the mags. I also got a box of Winchester Silvertips with it. I don't know about you, but I think I made out like a bandit!! New G29 for a 3yo used G19 and one hi-cap!! :D

Heaven help me!! I've been sucked into the Dark Side... AGAIN!! :eek:

tlhelmer

Thurs. was the first time I shot some hot loads out of my G-29. There is a noticeable difference between the factory and the hot loads. It is still quite manageable.

denfoote

Tamara,
What??
That I made out like a bandit or that I finally got a 10mm????? :confused:

As soon as I finish this coffee, I'm headed for the range!!
Does anyone know if Wallyworld sells 10mm ammo????
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: