Glock 26 Owners...

Dabull

I'm looking into some accessories and would like your opinions:

1. I have a normal sized pinky. Does the Pearce Finger Rest (PG26) provide sufficient pinky room or do I need to get the Pearce Extended Finger Rest (PG26XL)?

2. I understand the Pearce Extension Grip (PG2733) provides +2 for the G26 magazine and the (PG39) provides +3. At what point do you feel the mag extensions are adding too much length to compromise concealment?

3. Is there any reason to consider Scherer's grip extensions relative to Pearce? Scherer's offering appear larger than Pearce's in all respects.

4. Who besides A&G makes magazine sleeves so I can "fill the gap" and use G17 mags in my G26 while at the range? Of all the vendors, which do you prefer?

5. Who makes the best frame insert/plug? Lone Wolf? Pearce? Scherer?

AK103K

I have a couple of Pearce "plus two" extensions on mine. They only really add one round, or at least, both mags I have them on will only take 11 rounds, no matter how hard you try to get number 12 in. I've been told that will change with time, but I'm not seeing it, or even a hint of it, even after shooting them a lot, and leaving the mags loaded for some time now.

When I first got the gun, I had no intention of adding the extension, as I didnt want to increase the size of the gun. After shooing it, I figured I'd give it a try. My hits/groups shrank by about half or more with the extension on the gun. The difference in control with one on seems to be pretty significant. The difference in concealment, is basically nil.

I've used both 17 and 18 mags in my 26, and I dont think you need any add ons to the larger mags. Its still very comfortable to shoot with just the mag hanging down. As with the grip extension, the controlability of the gun instantly improves with the longer mags.

Cant say on the plugs, I dont use one.

riggins_83

I ran a Glock 26 with the PG26 and a Glock 36 with the same style extension both offered plenty of room for the pinkie. Perhaps others have had different experiences but I've seen too many issues with with the +1 and +2 extensions to trust them.. +0 for me all the way (unless changing mag springs).

golfnutrlv

I have used the Pearce extensions. Got rid of them after about a week of use. They sacrificed some concealability, only really added 1 round as already mentioned, and they pinched my pinky finger!! Gave me a blood blister. i sold them here on the firing line. They seemed dependable, just not for me.

I really can't comment on the Scherer.

I think the magazine sleeves are not worth the money. IMHO. I shoot just fine with the Glock 17 mags with no extensions.

As for the plug, a certified Glock armorer told me that they are not necessary. There is no real danger of junk getting into the action through the frame. Not going to say you shoudn't get one, but again, my experiences, and my 2 cents.

Stevie-Ray

I have used the Pearce extensions. Got rid of them after about a week of use.
Same here. Just not enough loss of hold or control with a 9mm for me to consider making the gun bigger. Back to standard very early and quite happy.

#18indycolts

The +2 worked great, didn't add that much length to it. Then I got a 39 (.45 gap) and bought the pg-39, works great but is a little longer.

denfoote

I use the Pearce +2 extension, although, I find the the 17 round G17 mag to be more useful.

Realistically, a good set of night sights and the twenty-five cent trigger job are more beneficial mods.

Alleykat

I don't use plus extensions on my G26; do on my G17 mags. I do use the A&G sleeve for my G19 backup mag for the G26. I like to deal with Brownell's when possible, Midway when necessary.

Ozzieman

On my G26 I have the Pearce PS-2733extension on all 10 of my magazines.
Once installed it became my favorite carry and shooting 9mm. I disagree with others about the added length. It only adds at the front of the mag and at most 3/4 of an inch.
For me what it did was make the gun much more controllable in double taps.
The 26 does have quite a bit of muzzle flip. The barrel is short and the grip is also short. This helps increase the muzzle flip.
When I added the extensions the G26 became one of the most accurate fast firing 9mm guns that I have owned.
If you don’t like them, don’t put them on but if you touch mine,,,,,,,,,:mad:

Last edited:

sdj

Just acquired a G26 for it's ease of concealment, so I did not want to go the route of the Pearce extensions: seemed too much like the G32's grip: why add the mass and size without having more capacity? For me, the primary reason for the G26 is its ease-of-concealment.

Have a set of these on order: http://www.concealablecontrol.com/about.html

Thanks for the recommendations.

Regards,

SDJ.

Deaf Smith

1. I have a normal sized pinky. Does the Pearce Finger Rest (PG26) provide sufficient pinky room or do I need to get the Pearce Extended Finger Rest (PG26XL)?

Get a Pearce plain finger rest for you 10 shot mags, and buy a few 12 shot Glock OEM mags!

2. I understand the Pearce Extension Grip (PG2733) provides +2 for the G26 magazine and the (PG39) provides +3. At what point do you feel the mag extensions are adding too much length to compromise concealment?

Skip the Pearce + extensions. Just get Glock OEM 12 shoot mags.

3. Is there any reason to consider Scherer's grip extensions relative to Pearce? Scherer's offering appear larger than Pearce's in all respects.

Well for my the Pearce extensions work fine. I dunno about Scherers.

4. Who besides A&G makes magazine sleeves so I can "fill the gap" and use G17 mags in my G26 while at the range? Of all the vendors, which do you prefer?

Don't' know. I just use 17 or 19 mags without any sleeve. Works fine.

5. Who makes the best frame insert/plug? Lone Wolf? Pearce? Scherer?

Don't know either. I just use Pearce. Works fine.

oneounceload

Have only used the stock Glock magazines that came with the gun - both styles work just fine. Have not had a need to bother with plugs or other items of similar nature; IMO, not needed

Dabull

On my G26 I have the Pearce PS-2733extension on all 10 of my magazines.

Do you use the existing factory springs with the Pearce +2? Any problems feeding?

Just get Glock OEM 12 shoot mags.

Why OEM 12 rounders vs adding Pearce +2s? Do the OEM 12 rounders have springs calibrated for the +2? Or are they the same springs in a OEM 10 rounder?

Elvishead

I really like the G26 just the way it is, with no pinkie thingy. I never did shoot one with the pinkie thingy, I never felt it needed it.

I don't own a G26, but shoot them really well without the pinkie thingy. I own a 9mm CZ 2075 Rami model which is almost just like a G26 in size. The CZ 9mm Rami's comes with a 10 round mag and a 14 round. I figure your supposed to keep the 10 round in for carry because of compactness, and the 14 round with the pinkie thingy for some more fire power because if you get that far, you need the extra 4 round (?), but as it stands, I don't feel the need for a pinkie rest.

See pic!

Attachments

• Gun Rami grip 001.jpg
    Gun Rami grip 001.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 26

stormyone

Why OEM 12 rounders vs adding Pearce +2s? Do the OEM 12 rounders have springs calibrated for the +2? Or are they the same springs in a OEM 10 rounder?

The Glock 12 rounders are just 10 round mags with the +2 extensions installed.

The Glock 26 10 round mags use the same spring from the factory as the Glock 19 mags. So adding a +2 to your G26 mags shouldn't be a problem.

;)

Firepower!

+1 Elvishead

I used to own a G26 and I found it perfect the way it was. Adding to length diminishes the very purpose of subcompact design. If you must want a little bigger grip, then I advise you forget a bout G26 and buy G19, keeping in the compact design.