Glock 22

C0untZer0

... shooting to the capability of the gun. In other words, is the gun holding you back?

I agree with this and in my case I had a G34 that I had virtually motionless follow-through and I had a stock 17L that was jerking to the right.

I was new to the platform and people kept saying "you have to get used to the Glock trigger, practice practice practice, dry-fire, dry-fire, dry-fire, yada yada yada"

So I practiced and practiced. I was doing 150 dry-fire exercises every day. I worked out with GripMasters and Captains of Crush grippers to strengthen my trigger finger and grip. I actually moved up 3 levels of Gripmaster and 2 levels of Captains of Crush.

There was no improvement in my front sight twitching to the right. I'd get out my G34 and dry fire with no problem.

I finally just put the 17L slide on my G34, declared victory and moved on.

C0untZer0

Really the whole reason I got a Glock was to have fun modifying it. And if you look at the Glock forums - that has to be the appeal to at least 50% of the people out there. From doing home made stipling jobs and duracoating them, to dropping in after-market barrels with compensators on them, to creating new guns - I think that is a huge part of the appeal.

You can customize or personalize your Glock, and you can do it yourself, and tell people you did it all yourself and show people your "work".

I have stuff on order and when I get it I'm gonna take pictures and post them on this forum, that's part of the fun too.

Crow Hunter

There was no improvement in my front sight twitching to the right. I'd get out my G34 and dry fire with no problem.

Exactly what I was talking about.

When you know beyond a doubt that your gun is impeding your performance, then make changes.

To my view that is really hard to do on a new gun. :D

Will Beararms

I have a Gen4 22 that came with the best trigger I have ever used on a Glock. I am not touching a thing on it. I would not modify any weapon until I have at least 1000 rounds downrange. I stick with good makes and sometimes, they smooth out on their own.

Tennessee Jed

I did this modification. At first I loved it. Then I realized I wasn't shooting it as well as with the stock trigger. I went back to the stock trigger. The more changes I make to my Glocks, the more I learn to leave well enough alone.

*QUOTE*
Does the firing pin safety make that much of a difference?

Take it out and see if there is a difference in the trigger pull. I felt NO difference. Polish it and cut the spring in half are 2 of the steps I use to get a 2lb trigger pull.

I keep loosing the spring for the firing pin safety. A ball point spring can be
made to work.

You want to get rid of the creep? Smooth all the contact points (this doesn't mean polish them) get out the stone, diamond hone and the 400 grit wet/dry go through the nickle plating and POLISH THEM.

As for shooting a thousand rounds before working on the trigger--I did a 2lb trigger on my G34 open gun BEFORE it had fired the first shot. It's a pleasure to shoot.:)

Last edited:

C0untZer0

I took the firing pin safety out of the the G34 and compared it to my stock 17L.

I don't know who made it but it's round and smooth. The stock firing pin safety in my 17L is basically a flat top with a beveled edge - and not as smooth to the touch.

So I switched them :)

I noticed a slight difference in the trigger being a littler smoother.

I'm always learning stuff on The Firing Line, thanks Uncle Malice !

jcsturgeon

I gotta admit, have the appeal of my guns is the ability to tinker. I relish the opportunity to mod my guns (within reason, I'm not taking a hacksaw to my Remington 870 or anything.)

I put a D mainspring in my Beretta along with a steel guide rod. I polished the barrel on my LC9 and gave it a stainless guide rod. I sent my SAA clone in for a trigger job, I put a magazine tube extension on the aforementioned 870 pump (it's affectionately referred to as the zombieslayer now!) and I totally tricked out my RIA 1911.

I don't want to turn my Glock into Frankenstein's monster but I would like to mod it a bit.

C0untZer0

I modified my 23 for true pocket carry - even a shirt pocket:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Glock 40 UltraCompact.png
    Glock 40 UltraCompact.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 26