Glock 19 vs. XD-m 9mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.H. Yankee

I vote for the XD, I like the trigger better, grip angle, and from the ones I have owned ( XD40 and XDm40 ) ( Glock 22 and Glock 27 ) the XD's were slightly more accurate in my hands and off the bench. As far as track records, the XD has been around for years and is every bit as reliable. I also sold my Glock 40's due to excess case bulging to the point most once fired brass had to be junked. Full chamber support does make a difference, at least in the 40S&W round it does. I got 2000 once fired brass ( speer and remington ) from a local police dept., only 500 were reloadable and many of those were borderline due to bulging. Google (40S&W full chamber support) and see what comes up. The Glock 9mm's due not seem to be an issue though I have never owned a Glock 9mm.

As far as aftermarket parts, the XD may not have the variety of the Glock, but its getting better all the time. I would not limit my decision to just Glock and XD, there are many other well designed reliable semi's that are reasonable. CZ makes a heck of a gun at a reasonable price and don't overlook the S&W line, one of my carry guns is a SW99 in 40S&W, deadly accurate and 100% reliable, they also come in 9mm and 45. I would steer clear of the 45 though, I had one and the recoil spring wore 1/4 way through after a couple hundred rounds. I think S&W got a little aggresive in marketing as to my knowledge Walther never made the gun in 45acp and I think thats why, not enough room for the barrel and spring in the frame.

Clevinger

I own both the glock 19 and XDM 9mm:

1) The glock's finish is much, much better. The tenifer coating it has is fantastic.

2) The XDM has better ergonomics and is a lot funner (and more comfortable) to shoot.

3) The XDM in two-tone is an absolutely beautiful gun and would win in looks. If they are both black, looks are a tie.

4) The XDM has the better capacity.

5) The Glock is one of the best (if not the best) 9mm for concealed carry. You won't want to try to conceal the larger XDM.

6) Both are very reliable. I've put probably 800 rounds through both of them, and I haven't had a single misfire, jam, or any other problem with either.

7) The XDM has a lifetime warranty, and the glock does not (but I doubt either gun really needs it).

Conclusion? They are both fantastic weapons, but...

1) If you just want it for home defense, I'd go with a XDM 9mm.

2) If you want something that you can carry too then get the glock 19.

Last edited:

Clevinger

How do you figure the Glock is more accurate than the XDm? The Springfield comes with a " match barrel "!

I have both, and I'm a lot more accurate with the XDM. It's not really a fair comparison though since the XDM has a longer barrel.

tschmittel

I think it is a closer comparison between the G17 and the XDM. As for capacity you can always get a +2 base for the glock mag and have 19. Glock has greater availabity of holsters and parts. Try to shoot them both and base your decision on the results.

Clevinger said:
The glock's finish is much, much better. The tenifer coating it has is fantastic.

Where do you get this? The newer XDs and all XD(M)s are melonite finished, basically IDENTACLE to the Tennifer...

HDTVSELLER

my self i went with the xdm because i cant find one con to the xdm 9mm weight is nice shoots great groups, and has a great trigger pull. i tested out a glock 9mm subcompact and i just couldnt get over the mile long triger pull it had . the glock kinda turned me off when i felt that and everyone kept telling thats their is a sweet spot on the trigger so you dont have to pull back so far. so i went with the xdm and would sugest it to anyone. 2 you dont have to worry if you carry a ccw about some how pulling the trigger and shooting yourself in the leg. unless you depress the grip safety pulling the xd's trigger wont alow the gun to fire if working properly.

(BH)

you could say screw both of them and get an m&p. and hey, if you get it tomorrow you get it with 2 free mags.

Stuohn

I had a chance to shoot both of these at my range the other day.

Guy I was shooting next to had a new XDM and I had my G19. While there wasn't really anything wrong with the XDM. The owner of the XDM and I were more accurate with the Glock.

I will say that I personally liked the box and accessories that came with the XDM better then what came with the glock.

supergas452M

I have several pistols including the XDm and two S&W M&Ps. I've handled and fired several Glocks. None ever made "want" one. The others did. I have nothing against Glocks, its just that every time I have bought a pistol, Glock didn't make the list. I don't foresee that changing anytime soon.

trigger happy

never seen a Springfield that could take the punishment a Glock could, neither are pretty but the Glocks lines are cleaner and it seems like there'd be a lot less that could go wrong with one

greenparrot

Own both XDs and Glocks. Both are fine weapons.

The Glocks are my primary choice though.

Lots of aftermarket parts available, good customer service, proven track record, less parts = less chance of failure, nice looking, I shoot them well, easy to detail strip, good finish, nice mag capacity, lower bore axis compared to XD as well, and etc.

Hunley

Try before you buy... If you can. I would love to have two Glocks, but would love to try out an XDm to see how it shoots.

Both are well made guns and incredibly accurate. The only "leg-up" I would give the XDm is the match barrel.

brucea4

One Glock is good enough....:) get an XDm.....mine shoots very well and is just as black as a Glock....:p....Match barrel & 19 round cap mag.....

Status
Not open for further replies.