• Keep the Glock 19

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Trade for the Glock 21

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DocDizz

Depends. Do you like the Mustang V6 or GT? :p

If you truly feel it's an issue, then do it. However, having shot both I much prefer the fit of the 19 for my small, girlish hands.

45_Shooter

I've owned both. The G21 is really one of my favorite guns, it's size is it's only downfall. It fits my medium-large size hands well, recoil is very mild for the caliber which leads to fast followup shots. I was very surprised at it's accuracy too; I shot many fine groups with it. Some examples (such as mine) seem to dislike SWC's and force you to play around with the load to make it run though.

The G19 is a great all-purpose gun (CCW, HD, certain target shooting, etc.) but if CCW isn't in the cards, and your hands fit, then I'd go for the G21 all the way.

sdj

I have night sights on all the Glocks (26,19,32) and the S&W1911Sc. They are the only way to go, in my opinion.

amprecon

Make sure the G21 fits your hand, if it does, it's one of the best .45's out there. If it doesn't you will get rid of it. I kinda feel sorry for all those out there with girly hands that just can't grip the manly Glock 21, they will just never know what they're missing :D

JonnyP

I currently have a G17 (9mm), but am looking into an additional G21SF. Yep, I'm one of those with the girly hands (guess I took after my 4' 10" momma). I've just read too much where the 9mm doesn't seem to have the knock-down power high enough to suit me. After all, the guy at Ft. Hood was shot 4 times with a 9mm (supposedly), and he's still alive. I know shot placement is a huge issue, but I don't want to have to be fighting adrenaline and an intruder and wind up not being spot-on.

Anyway, if I do get one, I plan to shoot a few rounds every now and then with the G21SF, but do most of my practicing with the G17 to keep cost down.

BTW, I've done the research, and the following are supposedly the best personal defense rounds there are, in order:

1. .357 Mag (based on 96% one-shot-stop)
2. .40 S&W (based on 96% one-shot-stop)
3. .45 ACP (based on 94% one-shot-stop)

So, why go with the G21SF (.45 ACP) instead of a .40 cal or .357 Mag? Because I can go direct to Glock and get the gun of my choice for the LE cost (I'm retired military). Saves me about $150. The G21SF just may be the one gun with one of the above calibers that fits my tiny hand.

Bottom line: Keep the G19 and get the G21 or G21SF to suit.

Just my $0.02.

Jonny