Getting Old

reinert

At 67, I haven’t changed anything as far as firearms usage goes. Though my eyesight certainly isn’t what it used to be, I sure can’t complain about it. On a good sunlit day, I can still see open barrel sights pretty well. Once I’m in the dark timber, though, I’m very thankful for scopes and peeps. I do find myself shooting my .223 bolt gun more and these days...and enjoy it quite a bit.

rock185

I am getting up in years, but primarily due to a wrist injury, I haven't shot my .454 Casull for quite a while, and my little Remington carbine in .350 Remington Mag. doesn't see much use. I don't enjoy shooting 12 Ga. much anymore either, and if I used shotguns much at all, I'd go to 20 Ga. as txray22 did. Those I mentioned beat me up more now than when I was younger and stronger. I don't often shoot anything more powerful than 10mm, .357, or .45 ACP now days.......

Oh yea, for carry, most often a lightweight .38 or 9mm, as opposed to the full sized guns of my salad days.

max it

naa .22LR sounds good;
otherwise i have a Kahr PM9.
more on my permit but they are too large
age? i admit to 64.
be safe.

Rifletom

This is an interesting thread and most here mentioning their age and regards to firearms.
I stopped big game hunting in 2012 at age 62. Sold/traded number of rifles to buy shotguns for upland bird chasing. Seems lately tho, I've been to the range or desert and shoot .22 rifles and my Henry.357/.38. Did keep my older Sako Finnbear .270 and mod 94. Those are keepers. So, there's my tale.

cw308

Reality check , I'm enjoying retirement , shooting , reloading and doing things you want too . I'm 71 and talking to my Son about retirement he's 48 , I said your day will come soon enough time goes by so fast . Then I realized chances are most likely I won't be around . I was thinking how much fun we will have when we're both retired . I guess your mind doesn't age , thinking it will never end. Until my time comes I will make the best of it . Make every day count . Be Well

Chris

ammo.crafter

senior dilema

This stinks!

First thing I did to compensate for lower vision is RED DOT SIGHT use. This has kept me participating in PPC competition.to rack the slide.

I did switch from 41 mag loads to 41 Special loads so that I can enjoy my S&W mod 57.

I guess we have to adjust and accept things in life.

Rifletom

Gettin' older ain't for lightweight's. Being retired for two years now, you just make some adjustments. Slower pace and my shooting is more enjoyable as I don't have to think about when I can shoot. I just load up some rounds, get my gear and go. Just as soon as the "honey-do's" are taken care of.