Gen4 G19 at 1K rounds without cleaning

RT

I purchased my Gen 4 G19 in December because I was interested in trying the new frame and the larger magazine release. I already had a Gen 3 G19 and G26.
Serial number is PYX2XX

DSC00052.jpg

The pistol came with the 0-3 recoil spring. I originally planned to switch out for the 0-4, but decided to wait and see if I had any problems. I cleaned the G19 on the day I bought it and lubricated it with Slip 2000. Since then I have not cleaned or lubricated the gun.

DSC00056.jpg

Went to the range on Monday and finally broke the 1000 round mark with zero issues and zero cleaning.

DSC00055.jpg

I have fired the gun 2-handed and 1-handed with a variety of ammo without any problems. I was afraid that I might limp wrist when I fired exclusively left handed, but that didn’t happen.

IMG_2950.jpg

I had my wife shoot it to see if she could cause a malfunction, but that was unsuccessful too.

Ammo log:

RUAG Ammotech Swiss 124g- 400 rounds
Speer Lawman 115gr TMJ- 100
Monarch Brass 115gr-100
Federal American Eagle 115gr-100
Magtech 115gr-100
Federal 95gr JSP- 150
Speer LE Gold Dot 147gr GDHP- 50

This was the first mag yesterday—15 rounds from about 7 meters

IMG_2949.jpg

Overall, I was a bit hesitant about the Gen 4 G19 at first, but now I am completely happy.

barry

G19Gen4

RT Congrats. on a great gun. I have a G23Gen4--03 recoil spring--very pleased Barry

MythBuster

I have tried many times to make my Glock 26 malfunction by "limp wristing" but I can't make it happen.

I can hold it very loosely in my left hand so lightly that I fear the gun may come out of my grip but it still works 100%.

GoOfY-FoOt

I have tried many times to make my Glock 26 malfunction by "limp wristing" but I can't make it happen.

I can hold it very loosely in my left hand so lightly that I fear the gun may come out of my grip but it still works 100%.

+2

Uncle Malice

Spectacular shooting and thanks for the pics. I like the Gen4 design myself. I'm trying to get my hands on a Gen4 G27 here shortly.

With that said................

For future reference, it is very hard to "limp wrist" a Glock.

What planet are you from?

I will preface this with the fact that I love Glocks. They are my favorite polymer pistol and my second favorite overall, after Sigs... but to claim that they are difficult to limp wrist, is simply inaccurate. They are, in fact, one of the most susceptible guns to limp wrist failures, especially in 9mm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh9JhCyFFxA

GoOfY-FoOt

You are right. One video, of one Glock, changes EVERYTHING I have done throughout the years regarding this weapon.
I guess I should come back to Earth and pay more attention to the "experts"...GMAB

Obviously, there is no possible way that the gun in the video has a weak mag spring, or too strong of a mainspring, or weak ammo. Otherwise it wouldn't be allowed on the interweb, huh...

Last edited:

Uncle Malice

I'm not saying that one glock from Sturms video should change anything.. it was simply a piece of evidence to the contrary and exactly mirrors my experience with several dozen of these guns.

I have nothing against Glocks.. at all. They are excellent, very reliable guns... but the fact remains that they are susceptible to limp-wristing. It's the nature of their design. The frame flexes a lot during firing and if they don't have a fairly firm resistance, the slide won't cycle properly.

GoOfY-FoOt

ALL semi-autos are susceptible to limp wristing...
I have owned and shot dozens of Glocks. My first was a 1st gen 17, back in 1991. I have tried to cause all of my guns to FTF after their break-ins. I simply wanted to know their limits. I have never had a Glock issue, of any kind. they would just fire and fire and fire. Even upside down. Try that with your gun.
Every other gun I have owned, has had at least one problem, with the exception of my Diamondback DB380. I'm at nearly 500 rds with it.

I'm not saying that they won't. I'm saying it is very hard to do. And if it does, it can probably be attributed to another issue, more so, than limp wristing.

JCP281

Hey man! Let me know when you go to bullet hole! Maybe we could rent out the plate range haha. I go there all the time, id recognize that target anywhere.

Nice pistol!

I've seen thousands of Glocks malfunction, most of them were limpwristing. The larger models seem to be more effected (G34 particularly). It's a fact that polymer frame guns, being more flexable, will be more suseptible to limp wristing.

Amin Parker

Not everything has to turn into a fight. Glock pistols are known to malfunction due to limp wristing. It is an accepted fact. I have experienced it myself.

It is still a good pistol and congratulations to the op.

RT

Recoil is maybe slightly less with the Gen4 compared to the Gen3, but I don't appreciate a significant difference.

LockedBreech

Quite impressive! I don't get the hate a lot of people have for Glocks. I think the G19 and G23 especially are absolutely ideal firearms. It's nice to know that at least some of the murmurs about Gen4 problems are a little blown out of proportion.

Thank you for subjecting your poor firearm to abuse for the service of the community. :)

mrgoodwrench76

Great post and keep going. Lets see how many rounds she'll run before a malfunction. I only made it to 2700 in my G17 before I gave in and cleaned it up. I just couldn't take it anymore. It was like being overdue for my oil change on my truck.

Personally, I think the whole Glock Limpwristing thing is a myth. I've tried to make it happen, Ive been with large groups of guys (Law enforcement included) that couldn't duplicate it. Yeah I've seen the videos! Its on youtube so it must be true right? I'd be willing to bet that most of the problems could be fixed with a spring change. Anybody live close to northern Arkansas? I'll offer up the use of my personal range if you can duplicate it!
Flame away glock haters! :D