Gander Mt. .22 sale

superpelly

I posted a similar thread yesterday.

I went to Gander Mountain today and looked at the .22's. Did not like the Ruger, The grip is really square. The S&W grip was really boxy. Both guns really lacked ergonomics. The Browning was a litte better, but still did'nt feel right for me.
The Beretta Neo grip felt really good, I have small hands and it fit like a glove. Bought it. :)

Eric708

I went to Gander Mountain today and I handled the Mark III and the Buck Mark. When I handled the Mark III I cut my thumb on the slide and I had blood dripping everywhere. So I got the Buck Mark for the $220. I can't wait to pick it up and go to the range.

hksigwalther

I've purchased a couple Buckmarks from GM and haven't had any significant problems with them, a Standard and a Bullseye. (Only problem was the sight rib coming loose on the Standard. Easily fixed.)

One thing to do, though, is check to see if they have any of the guns you are looking to get in stock in the back storeroom. ALL of the Buckmark Bullseyes I've ever seen on display at 3 different GMs have all looked like the barrels have been dragged behind a truck down a gravel road. Scratches, dings, nicks, etc. Some even had damage to the crown. There were three of them on sale at the Mentor, OH GM like that. Probably the reason why they were on sale. The Buckmark on display at the Twinsburg, OH Gm that I got my Bullseye from had a bunch of scratches on the side of the barrel (got a new in box one from the back room).

gopack

The 22A is not a great price at GM, you can get them for less. the deals look like the Ruger or the Buckmark (4" barrel??). Prices on XD and M&P look better than some at the local gun shops. Almost good enough to get me to drive 40 miles to the nearest GM.

hksigwalther

Correction. The beat up Buckmarks I saw were at the North Canton GM, not Mentor. (It was on the day I went to 6 shops and stores looking for the right size BC flip-up scope covers and trolling for a Ruger 10/22M.)

nhill0408

Just went out and picked up a Buckmark, My P22 is fun, but for some reason I have a hard time hitting the broad side of a barn with it. I do fine with my dad's old SW 22. So I figured it's not me. I might just keep the P22 around for "cool" factor. Plus my girlfriend loves to shoot it.

bustersmaster

Made my choice

Well, I went to G.M. today, in Lansing, and spent some time checking out
the fit and feel of the various .22's and I discovered that the best fit for
me was the Neos. I was surprised how uncomfortable the Ruger was for
my hand and in spite of the unconventional look of the Neos, it's very
ergonomically freindly. I didn't have time to shoot more than a couple mags
of ammo before dark, this eve., but a think this will be a fun target shooter.
Thanks for all the input, it helped a lot.

superpelly

Did check gun broker for the Neo , they have one for $240, Purchased mine for 199.00. The time you pay for shipping and FFL fee. The Neo would cost you 270ish...

bigautomatic

I agree with Te Anau. But I am a little biased though.
berrettaneos22003.jpg

bustersmaster

Neos

Well, I had a little time this AM to do a little plinking in my backyard "range"
and the new Neos is pretty slick. I ran 160 rds. through it and look forward
to the next opportunity to finish getting familiar and "dialed-in" with it.
I'm wondering if that front sight needs to be so big. Maybe after finishing
off that brick of ammo, I'll get used to it. At 50 ft.,the front sight is the same
size as the target paper downrange. My brother-in-law, who lives not far
away, heard all the shooting and came over for a look. I let him run a few
mags of ammo through it and now he wants one,too. Nice gun and a lot less
expensive to shoot than my .357, .38, or 9mm.

Te Anau

How is the trigger on the Neos?
The triggers fine.Thats the beauty of the Neos.So many .22lr's will give you fits getting broken in,but not a Neos.They seem to love any ammo you throw at them except Federal bulk packs :barf: and none of my .22lrs like that stuff,so I dont blame the gun at all.Federal bulk packs are the Winchester WUSS box of the .22lr world.Weak and erratic.

jtk

I got a Neos at Gander Mt. last night as well. Unfortunately we have a waiting period here, so I haven't shot it yet.

bustersmaster

Neos trigger

Nice trigger on mine, too. I think I need a little more time behind the trigger,
though, to get used to that big front sight. I picked up another brick of ammo
today and tomorrow's weather is supposed to be nice, so ....... I might just
get in some more practice.

superpelly

Ok, picked up my Neo today (3day wait) and went out to my range (my property) and fired 300 rounds. Wow, nice gun to shoot. No failure's !! shot really straight, fun 22 to shoot. Purchased 2 more magazines (13.95 each) today on ebay. I think i'll pick-up some type of red dot scope for it.:) any suggestions ?

bigautomatic

Depends on the type of shooting you plan on doing. In most cases, the smaller the dot the better. If you plan on trying to shoot for small groups past 50 ft or so, anything larger than 3 MOA is pointless. I wound up mounting a 2x LER scope on mine.