bustersmaster

I just got the Gander Mountain insert from Sunday's paper and it looks like
a guy could pretty much take his pick of a Ruger 22/45, a Beretta Neos 22,
or a S&W 22A, all marked down to 199.99. For 10.00 more, they offer the
Browning Buckmark. I've been looking for a .22 target pistol and all these
sound like good deals. I've heard a lot of good things about the Ruger. Which
one would you buy and why?

UMP

Ruger makes a great .22 pistol. I have used them in competition before. Just don't get the Mark 3. it is a piece of garbage.

croyance

I like the Buckmark. Mine has a nice trigger. It field strips easily with an allen wrench.
I've heard bad things from experienced gun owners about putting the Rugers back together.
The Beretta - I don't like the grip angle and the trigger takes some wearing in.

PSP

I have both Buckmark and NEOS. Buy the Buckmark, well worth the extra $20. I've never owned a Ruger because I don't like the grip for some reason. The Buckmark is a very fine gun. Target practice accuracy, sweet trigger, built to last several lifetimes.

fairview mick

Ump_prove Your Point

Give me facts why Ruger Mark III is a "piece of junk". Too many garbage statements are made without any back up!!
Mickey

Mark54g

The buckmark IS nice and DOES have a very nice trigger, but from the point that the Neos is more likely to be less picky about ammo, also has a decent trigger, etc, I would get that.

Te Anau

Id get the Neos first & Ruger second.The Neos is very well built and gives you more options than the Ruger.

DBski

What is wrong with the Ruger MK111? I have one and it is a tack driver, no problems at all. In fact I traded a Browning Buckmark for the Ruger MK111 Hunter. Good deal .

chris in va

I had the latest 22/45 a couple years ago. It shot alright, but anything other than round nose ammo would jam on the short feed ramp causing those 'smileys'. Hollowpoints were out of the question.

Contacted Ruger and they sent me a new bolt, mag and LCI, but obviously didn't fix the issue. I sold it and got an older 22/45 that worked flawlessly.

Hey, one cool thing about the Rugers is you can get a bulk ammo speedloader for it.

murph50

I have a Ruger MK III and a Buckmark. The buckmark is great--no problems--flawless. The Ruger is OK--tends to jam and mis-feed sometimes but it is a good gun. I personnelly prefer the Buckmark--no problems and very accurrate.
$20 more?--get the Buckmark

mikejonestkd

I like the buckmark better than the others, its mostly the preference for the grip and feel of the handgun.

My buckmark eats anything I feed it.

CrustyFN

I bought the Ruger. I shot a S&W 22A before I bought it and didn't like it. I'm sure it is a good gun it just wasn't comfortable for me. I liked the Ruger because I wanted something with a little more weight. I also heard that Rugers were built very sturdy and were not picky about ammo and found this to be true. Mine breaks down and goes back together very easy. I found the buckmark to be very comfortable to hold but never had the chance to shoot one.
UMP, could you please give some facts to back up your statement. Without any facts it is hard to take you serious.

Bryan Whited

The Mark II and Mark III are the same firearm.
The Mark III just has a few additional features.
Magazine disconnect safety.
Loaded chamber indicator.
Magazine release just like the 45.
Other than those 3 things they are the same.

bustersmaster

Thank you all,

That's a lot of good info to mull over. I think I do recall hearing that the
Ruger is a bit tougher to reassemble after cleaning. I think I'll see how the
Browning fits my hand, versus the Ruger. I have kind of short fingers and
I remember that my previous P89 was a handful for me. Maybe I can get
the G.M. guy to demonstrate the reassembly for the Ruger. So many choices!
Thanks again for all the input. I'll let you all know what I wind up buying.