G19 Concealability

9x18_Walther

Out of curiosity, for those who carry a Glock 19 IWB (or another easier method), how big (in a nice way :D) are you? I'm wondering if it might be a little big for me.

geetarman

I carry a G19 in a Blackhawk Serpa Concealment holster. Owb with a Dickies 2xl oversize cover garment at 5 o'clock. I am 6'3" at 209 lbs. The rig is comfortable. I am undergoing chemo and am very sensitive to sunlight. Even in Phoenix, I don't look too much out of place with a jeans type over garment.

geetarman

Thank you. Last chemo tomorrow. Then start withdrawing chemo pre meds. Make appt for cat scan in a month, get labs, see doc and do follow ups. Then it is range time!

Good times on the way!

drobs

6'4 210 - Galco Summer Comfort IWB Holster. Untucked T-Shirt works for summertime carry. Figure the G19 with mag has the same grip length of the G26 with 12 round mag.

Most of the time I use a OWB Glock Sport Holster with an untucked shirt.

Brit

Most of the time I use a OWB Glock Sport Holster with an untucked shirt.

Did that for a couple of years, then someone gave me a prototype black Kydex hard holster, fits close to the body, OWB very tight (re holding G19) no idea where I got it from, old age?

It conceals well, very quick.

5'9" 207lbs, 80 YOA next month. Carry every day.

45_auto

5'10" 165 pounds. Normal pant size (non-carrying) is 32" waist. G19 carries very nicely in a variety of IWB holsters as long as I go up to 34" waist.

jimbear

6'5", 210. I carry a full FDE 19 in a Stealth Gear Onyx, also in FDE. It's the only double stack that conceals well for me. Prints just as much as my G42 with +1 mag seated. You can feel that it's thicker but doesn't print any more than the 42 for me.

geetarman

Did that for a couple of years, then someone gave me a prototype black Kydex hard holster, fits close to the body, OWB very tight (re holding G19)

I have that set up for a G30S. Works pretty well and it does conceal well for that gun.

TunnelRat

I'm 5' 9" and 165 lb. Using a Alien Gear Cloak 3.0 at the 4 o'clock position and a light outer shirt I find the setup very concealable unless I bend extremely at the waist (bend at the knees, it's better for you anyway :)). That said, what is/isn't concealable seems to depend very much on the person and what he/she is comfortable with. While it's good to get some other opinions, I think that unless you try for yourself you'll never really know. This might give you some good holster suggestions though.

BigMikey76

I'm 6'3" and about 290. I sometimes carry a P07, which is rather similar to the dimensions of a G19. I carry IWB at 3:30-4:00 with just a T-shirt or polo, and it conceals well, even with the +2 mag extension.

SIMP

geetarman said:
I am undergoing chemo.....

geetarman, here's wishing you the best! Stay strong and heal fast.

I only carry my G19 OWB during cooler months when I can utilize a jacket for cover.

jmhyer

6'1", 210 lbs.

I carry IWB in a leather/Kydex hybrid (ala Crossbreed Supertuck). A good belt is paramount. I use an instructor-style nylon belt from 5.11.

I mostly wear khakis and buy the "comfort" waisted ones with the hidden elastic. Otherwise, I buy slacks and jeans an inch or two larger than otherwise to accomodate the extra girth of the gun. It doesn't matter that they are a little large without the gun because I ALWAYS have the gun. :D

Isk

I'm about the same size as 45 auto and TunnelRat (5'9", 155-160 lbs.). I find the G19 to be comfortable IWB at 3 o'clock or 4 o'clock. It is probably more comfortable at 4 o'clock and more common for me to wear it there. Helps to have the pants a size larger.

9x18_Walther

Small frame using Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB holster for G19. Very comfortable and conceal well.

That holster looks quite nice. I really like 92 series Berettas, but I highly doubt I could pull a 92 Compact with a pretty small frame.

I don't mind subcompacts, but the Glock 19 is pretty much a good compromise between a subcompact and full size. That is why I'm leaning in this direction.

DaleA

Holsters...grrrrrrr....holster.

AA040371...left after just two posts but I still like his first one.

What I am asking about in this post is if there is a good and efficient way to go about the selection process. In a perfect world I'd stroll into Holster World Or Holsters-R-Us and my personal holster shopping assistant would help me try on and test out various holsters all day long until I found one that met whatever criteria I have. But I have described an alternate universe. Are there any good approaches for trying/testing out various makes and models of holsters that don't involve a long series of purchases and returns?

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554911&highlight=holsters

That was a great post by AA040371. I wish he or she had stuck around.

"Holster World" is a great idea. For Online stores I think they should have several models showing a full body shot of them with the holster concealed. A full body photo of them with the holster showing and a close up of how the holster is attached.

Holsters are such an individual, personal thing I just kind of despair. The only advice I might give is that going cheap is (usually) a bad thing. A friend of mine got an unlined leather holster that almost immediately (less than a week) caused rust on his firearm.

9x18_Walther

"Holster World" is a great idea. For Online stores I think they should have several models showing a full body shot of them with the holster concealed. A full body photo of them with the holster showing and a close up of how the holster is attached.

Dale as a computer and network engineer, if I had the time and money (to buy all of the holsters), I would do this!

Buying a holster is like flipping a coin. 90% of the holsters I'm interested in, I can't find locally to even look at.

It's frustrating... :mad: