Funny, Strange or unexplained Game Cam pics

FrankenMauser

Just my opinion:

Body shape isn't right for a skunk.
Head is too 'pointy' for a rabbit.

Something about the posture and legs/feet screams "rodent" to me.

I'm still stuck on Nutria.

Last edited:

BIG P

HOG BUSTER, when you blow it up looks like a house cat lookin at the camera with it tail around its backside,or coon maybe dont no.:confused:

PawPaw

Jason_G said:
Well same here, but those swamp rabbits can be pretty dang big, and don't look quite the same as cottontails.

You're right about that. I've killed swamp rabbits that field dressed at 4 lbs. It doesn't take many of those to fill a game bag. We'd hunt an area near Cheneyville that had huge swamp rabbits. Sometimes I'd consider bringing the .30-30 instead of the shotgun, ...

Win73

Anybody else ever get a picture of one of these?

1108290813Buzzard.jpg

1108290820Buzzard.jpg

Jason_G

You're right about that. I've killed swamp rabbits that field dressed at 4 lbs. It doesn't take many of those to fill a game bag. We'd hunt an area near Cheneyville that had huge swamp rabbits. Sometimes I'd consider bringing the .30-30 instead of the shotgun, ...

LOL at the .30-30. :D

You must be from around Alec? I mostly hunt up north, just south of Plain Dealing, if you know where that's at. Our lease is right on the Red River. I also hunt down around Coushatta in Red River Parish sometimes.

I wish they had game cameras back when I was about 15. I saw a mountain lion at our lease while I was hunting. That was the eeriest and oddest sight I think I've ever seen in the woods, mostly just because all through my childhood and young adulthood, I had been told by every game warden and wildlife biologist I talked to that there are no mountain lions in our state. Well... they don't know jack! It wasn't too long ago they finally caught one in Natchitoches, LA, and confirmed what I had been trying to tell folks for years. I wish I'd have had a camera with me that day, because about 50% of the folks that I talked to about it didn't believe me or thought I saw a coyote and can't tell the difference between a damn cat and dog :rolleyes:

You never know what you will see in the woods.

Jason

Hog Buster

??? Identified

Just a few minutes ago I identified the ??? in the picture from a few nights ago.

On the porch, while enjoying the cool weather after the tropical storm passed, I spotted it. It is a rare and elusive Ebony Barn Panther. Yep, a black saber-toothed alley cattus out checking my now un-baited traps. Black as coal I watched him slink across the yard. I get pictures of cats somewhat regularly, but always there’s a head, tail, ear or something that is recognizable, just not this time. So the mystery is solved.

Jason_G

??? Identified
Just a few minutes ago I identified the ??? in the picture from a few nights ago.

On the porch, while enjoying the cool weather after the tropical storm passed, I spotted it. It is a rare and elusive Ebony Barn Panther. Yep, a black saber-toothed alley cattus out checking my now un-baited traps. Black as coal I watched him slink across the yard. I get pictures of cats somewhat regularly, but always there’s a head, tail, ear or something that is recognizable, just not this time. So the mystery is solved.

I guess I can see it now that you said it, but I'd not have guessed that from that picture.

I think BIG P wins the prize! LOL. A free JPEG of a housecat! :D

Jason

Win73

Supper time!

This picture isn't funny or strange, but I think it is neat.

1108181813Nursingfawn.jpg

Last edited:

Win73

Fighting does

I understand this is how does fight. Looks like the one on the left might be overmatched.

1106190650Fightingdoes.jpg