Full size 9mm poll

Which Full size 9mm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EdInk

I voted for the CZ. The Beretta is nice but I like the ergonomics of the CZ better. Plus you get cool points for the inside the rails slide.

I won't mention other choices because it's hard enough to narrow it down to just two guns.

Teirst

Thank you all for your replies!

And Jim, that is one beautiful Taurus....But what are you doing here, don't you have a drug ring to run :D j/k the chrome and gold really looks good

dogtown tom

I voted 75b only because BHP was not a choice.

IMHO the 92 is too big and bloated for a 9mm.

If you want to carry "cocked and locked" you won't do better than a Hi Power. If you get an SFS equipped HP you can carry hammer down while cocked and locked.

pgdion

Both the Beretta and the CZ are outstanding. I'm partial to the Beretta 92 myself (have 2 now), but a CZ is on my short list. I love the metal frame guns and these are my 2 favorites.

Of the three I would not get the Taurus. Not that it's bad but it's just a Beretta knock off, pony up the extra $ and get the real thing. It's worth it.

Teirst

The only reason for including the taurus was that you can carry it cocked and locked vs. DAO first shot of the beretta.

mavracer

I've owned a Beretta and a Taurus 92 style guns. while they are accurate and reliable the grip is just too damn big and the DA trigger reach is too far.
they are both gone now and the only DA/SA "wonder 9" I own is a CZ85 Combat. it fits like a glove and is one of the most accurate guns I own.

twobit

I've carried the 92FS daily since 1990 as a duty weapon. It gets my vote. My next duty handgun will be a 96A1.

Lewiston

First choice would be a M&P9 Pro. That being said my 92FS still makes it to the range and is enjoyable to shoot.

Dave85

For those dismissing the Taurus as merely a knockoff, remember that Taurus builds that gun in a factory set up by Beretta themselves to build them for the Brazilian military. In effect, it is closer to a license built version of the original 92 (although no fees are paid, as the patents have long expired). As a matter of fact, the reason Taurus has the safety mounted on the frame, where at least one person (ahem) prefers it, is because that is where Beretta had it when Brazil adopted the 92. Possibly as a result of these origins, the PT-92/99 seems to figure much less often in the Taurus horror stories that populate the internet. Even many dedicated anti-Taurus crusaders will sometimes offer it up as the only good gun Taurus makes.

That aside, I voted for the CZ. It can be carried cocked and locked, and, while extra mass can make a gun more shootable, I prefer the size efficiency of the CZ.

Last edited:

Officer's Match

My tried and true 9mm has been a Taurus 92 for three decades. It's the only 9mm I've kept. I must admit to being smitten by CZ75's of late though. And a HK P7M13.

IMG_0026_1.jpg

CZ23-1.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

Last edited:

ShipWreck

My 92FS is my concealed carry gun (I'm not a big guy either - 6'1" and 176 lbs)

it carries fine at 3 o'clock...

I have 4 Berettas now (2 M9A1s, a 92FS and a 90-Two) - I love these guns :)

EDC-2.jpg

Beretta-89000-1.jpg

M9A1-9002.jpg

90-two-902-1.jpg

Leejack

Three great guns for sure!

I voted for the PT. I recently bought a PT92AFS and it is stellar. Had a PT99 years ago that I put countless trouble free rounds through. That's 2 for 2 for me.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of the 3 guns in the poll.

Lee

shep854

PT92.

I have/had all three, and to sing with the choir, they are all great pistols. My anguish was when I needed to sell a pistol; I let the Beretta go because the Taurus' frame safety/decocker is similar to my other safety-equipped pistols. My pre-B CZ-75, while a classic, lacks a decocker function, so if I choose to go DA, I have to lower the hammer with my thumb--not the safest procedure.

ShipWreck

Shipwreck

How do you like the 90-Two???

Its pretty nice. I had night sights installed on mine.

I do wish there was some sort of aftermarket rubber grip for it, instead of just a plain hogue handall (like the kind ya put on a polymer handgun).

But, it shoots very nicely, and it looks pretty sweet with the new design, IMHO :)

MilProGuy

PT92 gets my vote. It is an amazingly accurate pistol with extremely "good looks" and ergonomics; and it has a warranty for the lifetime of the pistol.