Full size 9mm poll

Which Full size 9mm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teirst

So I am torn between a couple guns atm. The CZ75B and the Beretta 92 FS.

I have done a lot of research on both weapons and held and fired both. What can I say they seem like they are made for my hand.

I have already read the "vs." threads however I have not seen a poll. From my experience polls like this seems to get a lot more response then just a normal topic.

I am also including the Taurus PT-92 because it is so close to the Beretta and allows for "cocked and locked" carry. Something that is mandatory for some people.

So let me know what you think, if you don't mind after you vote take the time to add why you voted the way you did. Thank you for the imput

aarondhgraham

I bought the CZ-75B,,,

The Beretta grip was just a teeny bit too fat for my hands,,,
The CZ was just slim enough I can grip it comfortably.

I only plan to own one Wonder-Nine,,,
The CZ fit the bill very nicely.

But I must say there is absolutely nothing wrong With a Beretta 92 FS,,,
It's one of the sexiest looking and best performing guns out there.

It's like asking me to choose between,,,
Eva Herzigova and Sophia Loren,,,
I would die a happy man,,,
With either one. :D

The Taurus,,,
Not a bad gun at all,,,
but why not get the real thing.

ClydeFrog

CZ-85, M9a1, 92FSa1, Taurus 92AF...

I voted for the Beretta 9mm.
This old warhorse is a proven design. It's not perfect but can fit your needs for target/range use or protection.
The classic CZ-75 9mm is highly rated. Noted trainer/tactics expert Jeff Cooper called the CZ-75 the best 9mm ever, ;). As a left handed gent, I prefer the ambi-style controls of the CZ-85 9mm line. I'd buy a CZ pistol later on when I had the $$$. A Taurus pistol is ok and the frame mounted ambi safety is a good concept but the brand has a less than great rep in the US market.
When I see a armed security guard or officer wearing a Taurus 92AF pistol, I think either; a) They can't afford a SIG or Beretta. or b) They either do not know or do not care about duty weapons/firearms.
There are many great high quality models out there, the HK P30 or P2000, the SIG Sauer P226 or P229, the S&W MP line, the Glock 17/19/26 9mm, the old trusted stand-by Browning or FNH Hi-Power 9mm.
As I stated, the Beretta is a good pick but check out all the well made 9mm pistols too.

BarryLee

I voted for the Berretta after owning one for several years. The gun really feels good in my hand and shoots very well. It is a large gun which probably helps with accuracy a little and reduces felt recoil. The gun is probably one of the top three or four firearms to be written about, so there is plenty of pro/con reviews out there. At the end of the day it is a big reliable gun shooting a popular easy to find round.

shrewd

thats a doozy of a question, and one that tormented me for many weeks before ultimately going with a cz 75bd. the beretta is a great gun, looks sexy, and the first time i shot it i felt that i could hit whatever i wanted to.

but something about the cz charmed me. when i shot another beretta, i think it wasnt the 92fs but another varient, maybe an m9? i didnt shoot it as well, then came across the cz at a guns tore, held it, and cashed in my chips.

if they both feel great in your hand i suppose see which one your more accurate with? which one points better for you? which sights you prefer? which customizations/add ons you'd like? weight of the gun? holsters...yadda yadda

a hard choice, but a nice problem to have

18DAI

From your choices, I voted Beretta 92.

I prefer my S&W 5904 to my M9 Beretta though. Better feeling grip and slightly more compact with identical capacity. Regards 18DAI.

VTRich

I had a Beretta for years, and finally got around to buying a CZ-75B. The CZ feels so much better in my hand, and I am much more accurate with it then I ever was with the Beretta. I immediately sold the Beretta! I don't think you could do wrong with either of the two. Pick the one that feels best to you. You may want to consider a Sig P226 also?

Barbicatter

I voted CZ, because I'm biased. I adore my CZ 75 Classic and SP01 Shawdow. They both are accurate shooters, feel well balanced, and the grips make it feel like the pistol was designed just for me.
Having said that, the Beretta is a fine pistol too. It just doesn't feel as good in my hand as the CZ's.

Buy what you like. You can't go wrong with that.;)

hexidismal

I voted CZ.

I own a Taurus PT99, older pre-decocker version. I like it. It has never malfunctioned even once on me. I think they are a perfectly good choice. From the perspective of someone who does work on guns beyond normal maintenance, I do believe the Taurus to be of slightly lesser overall build quality than the other two options.

I do not own, but have fired many.. many Beretta 92s. I like them. I have had many malfunctions with them, but it's fair to say that those malfunctions were with very well used and not often cleaned guns. I think they are a perfectly good choice. I don't like the position of the safety/decocker on the slide. It never feels natural for me to operate it.

I recently purchased a CZ 75 SP-01 model. The grip feel is great. Points very naturally for me. I have only fired 150 rounds through it, but I can say it is possibly more accurate than any other auto I own. I think it's the best choice of the three. I much prefer the manual safety mechanism to the decocker, but that is a matter of personal choice.

Last edited:

labhound

I had the same dilemma back in February, the 92FS Inox or the 75B Stainless. I opted for the Beretta because it fit my hand just slightly better than the CZ and I liked the slide mounted safety/decocker on the Beretta. The 92FS is accurate, soft shooting and so far reliable. The 75B is still on my list to get. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Brian48

I went with the 92fs. Hated it when I was in the USMC (bitter about losing my 1911A1), but came to accept it so many years later as a civilian. It's an excellent full-size gun and I qual'd expert with it twice.

I actually had a BHP as well, but eventually go rid of it. Although it had a smaller grip than the 92fs, it just felt to "square" to be comfortable in my hands.

Last edited:

RWBlue01

Of the three, I have the 92FS so....If I had my rathers, it would be a G with a rail.

If I could choose any of my full sized 9mm, it would be the G17.

If I could choose any 9mm, it would be my G17 for war, but Luger 08 for range time.

tbeb

I rented a Beretta 92 and a Glock 17 at an indoor firing range. I own a
CZ75DAO (which is the double action only version of the CZ75B). I like it a lot more than the 92 and 17. Grip fits my medium sized hand very well. The trigger is a pretty good reach but doable. It weighs enough to make muzzle flip minimal. I've fired a few boxes of 115 gr. and 124 gr. FMJ with no malfunctions. I've fired enough Speer +P 124 gr. to know it's very reliable with them.

sdj

Based on the firearms listed, I'd go for the CZ. If in the market for a full size 9mm for myself, I would be thinking G17 or MP9 (maybe an MP9 Pro).

Good luck.

Jim243

Geeee, I can't deside which one. (Not)

IMG_0823.jpg

Jim

Satanic Toaster

I voted for the 92FS because that is what I own and carry. I have an old 92G for the range and a new 92FS Inox for carry and some range fun.

The reason I chose the Beretta is I have large hands and the Beretta grip fits me perfectly. I also like the fact that the Beretta is easy to field strip as well as detail strip for maintenance.