frozen selector switch on an AR

Geezerbiker

Is it possible that the OP mixed 2 types of lubricants that don't mix well? I've see some oils turn to polymer when mixed with incompatible chemicals.

Tony

ghbucky

Is it possible that the OP mixed 2 types of lubricants that don't mix well? I've see some oils turn to polymer when mixed with incompatible chemicals.

I use hoppes to clean and a breakfree lube product. Same stuff I use on everything else. Every time this thread gets updated it reminds me so I go check to see if the selector is working. Fine again.

One thing I neglected to mention was that the rifle had been at the range and had something like 60 rounds through it and there were no issues with the selector there. It went into the safe and wasn't touched again until I took it out and after cleaning the selector wouldn't budge.

The only thing that I can think of is that there was some debris in the tunnel that wouldn't let the detent compress. I can't imagine any other scenario. Nor can I imagine how anything got into the tunnel.

I guess this was one of those freak, one in a million set of events that happened.