Forgotten Facts, by Paul Harvey

Cougar

>FORGOTTEN FACTS BY; PAUL HARVEY
> > > >
Back in 1969 a group of Black Panthers decided that a fellow black panther named Alex Rackley
needed to die. Rackley was suspected of
disloyalty.
> > >
Rackley was first tied to a chair. Once safely immobilized, his friends tortured him for hours by,
among other things, pouring boiling water on
him.
> > > >
When they got tired of torturing Rackley, Black Panther member, Warren Kimbo,took Rackley outside
and put a bullet in his head. Rackley's
body was later found floating in a river about 25 miles north of New Haven, Conn.
> > >
Perhaps at this point you're curious as to what happened to these Black Panthers. In 1977, that's
only eight years later, only one of the killers
was still in jail. The shooter, Warren
Kimbro, managed to get a scholarship to Harvard. He later became an assistant dean at Eastern
Connecticut State College.
> > >
Isn't that something? As a '60s radical, you can pump a bullet into someone's head, and a few
years later, in the same state, you can become
an assistant college dean! Only in America!
> >
> > >
Erica Huggins was the lady who served the Panthers by boiling the water for Mr. Rackley's
torture. Some years later Ms. Huggins was
elected to a California School Board.
> > >
How in the world do you think these killers got off so easy? Maybe it was in some part due to the
efforts of two people who came to the
defense of the Panthers. These two people actually went so far as to shut down Yale university
with demonstrations in defense of the
accused Black Panthers during their trial.
> > >
One of these people was none other than Bill Lan Lee. Mr. Lee, or Mr. Lan Lee, as the case may be,
isn't a college dean. He isn't a member of a
California School Board. He is now head of the US Justice Department's Civil Rights Division.
> > >
O.K., so who was the other Panther defender? Is this other notable Panther defender now a school
board member? Is this other Panther
apologist now an assistant college dean?
> > >
No, Neither! The other Panther defender was, like Lee, a radical law student at Yale niversity at
the time. She is now known as The "smartest"
woman in the world." She is none other than the Democratic senator from the State of New
York----our former First Lady, the incredible Hillary
Rodham Clinton.
> > >
And now; as Paul Harvey says; you know (the rest of the story).

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Please don't sully Paul Harvey's name with this garbage!

The first stop that people should make when finding a particularly remarkable, heart-warming, infuriating, or unbelievable story is The Urban Legends Reference Page.

Here is where the Black Panthers/Hillary Clinton Myth is debunked.

So, what exactly did Mr. Lee and Ms. Clinton do to "defend" the Panthers in a legal sense? In Mr. Lee's case, he did absolutely nothing. He wasn't a lawyer, or even a law student; he was simply another Yale undergraduate who had nothing to do with the Black Panthers' trial. Ms. Clinton wasn't a lawyer then, either; she was a Yale law student. The sum total of her involvement in the trial was that she assisted the American Civil Liberties Union in monitoring the trial for civil rights violations.
Versions of the e-mailed denunciation headed "Paul Harvey's 'The rest of the story'" began circulating on the Internet in June 2000. This header plus a comment at the end of the text ("And now, as Paul Harvey says, you know the rest of the story") caused some to believe Paul Harvey had read this piece (or a shorter version of it) on air. Paul Harvey's people confirm he has never broadcast the Panthers and Hillary Clinton story.

nralife

TheBluesMan,

You're probably right about that being an urban legend, but I would be willing to bet a case of beer, that a lot of these urban legend sites are hoaxes themselves... created by someone who does have something to hide. re: the DemocRATS! :)

Joe

Ironbarr

nralife/BluesMan...

you kind of beat me to it.

BluesMan - In the light of our previous 8 year experience I can easily believe that many "urban legends" are, in fact, themselves urban legends. Some folks have advanced disinformation (I like dys-information) to a fine art including careful rewrite of various texts.

How many commas are in the Original 2nd Amendment? I believe only one. For example, which of the following make better sense - and English?
Article [II.]
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

- or -

Article [II.]
A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

I'm not a linguist - maybe others can render the technicals of punctuation. I don't have a really readable copy of the handwritten document; that which I've tried to scope out appeared to have one comma. I've heard of school texts being changed (to reflect the "times"?), but don't know it as fact.

It just seems to me that it's probable that there's at least one urban legend too many.

-Andy

PWK

What I really wanted to say was "Amazing, are you sure this story is true?" but since I didn't have any facts to disprove it and it is plausible that these two would be involved in such a thing I just said "Amazing".

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Old Harvey is a funny old RKBA bird:

How can we blame it all on guns? - by Paul Harvey

For the life of me, I can't understand what could have gone wrong in Littleton, Colo. If only the parents had kept their children away from the guns, we wouldn't have had such a tragedy.

Yeah, it must have been the guns.

It couldn't have been because of half our children being raised in broken homes.

It couldn't have been because our children get to spend an average of 30 seconds in meaningful conversation with their parents each day. After all, we give our children quality time.

It couldn't have been because we treat our children as pets and our pets as children.

It couldn't have been because we place our children in day care centers where they learn their socialization skills among their peers under the law of the jungle while employees, who have no vested interest in the children, look on and make sure that no blood is spilled.

It couldn't have been because we allow our children to watch, on average, seven hours of television a day filled with the glorification of sex and violence that isn't fit for adult consumption.

It couldn't have been because we allow our children to enter into virtual worlds in which, to win the game, one must kill as many opponents as possible in the most sadistic way possible.

It couldn't have been because we have sterilized and contracepted our families down to sizes so small that the children we do have are so spoiled with material things that they come to equate the receiving of the material with love.

It couldn't have been because our children, who historically have been seen as a blessing from God, are now being viewed as either a mistake created when contraception fails or inconveniences that parents try to raise in their spare time.

It couldn't have been because our nation is the world leader in developing a culture of death in which 20 million to 30 million babies have been killed by abortion.

It couldn't have been because we give two-year prison sentences to teen-agers who kill their newborns.

It couldn't have been because our school systems teach the children that they are nothing but glorified apes who have evolutionized out of some primordial soup of mud by teaching evolution as fact and by handing out condoms as if they were candy.

It couldn't have been because we teach our children that there are no laws of morality that transcend us, that everything is relative and that actions don't have consequences. What the heck, the president gets away with it.

Nah, it must have been the guns.

Monday, November 06, 2000 - Paul Harvey

Are you considering backing gun control laws?
Do you think that because you may not own a gun, the rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment don't matter? CONSIDER:

In 1929 the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, approximately 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915-1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill, and others, who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million "educated" people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

That places total victims who lost their lives because of gun control at approximately 56 million in the last century. Since we should learn from the mistakes of history, the next time someone talks in favor of gun control, find out which group of citizens they wish to have exterminated.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed, a program costing the government more than $500 million dollars.
The results Australia-wide;
Homicides are up 3.2%
Assaults are up 8%
Armed robberies are up 44%.
In that countries' state of Victoria, homicides with firearms are up 300%.

Over the previous 25 years, figures show a steady decrease in armed robberies and Australian politicians are on the spot and at a loss to explain how no improvement in "safety" has been observed after such monumental effort and expense was successfully expended in "ridding society of guns."

It's time to state it plainly; Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws only affect the law-abiding citizens.

Ironbarr

George...

I've heard or read those sometime back - always nice to get a refresher - Thanks.

But in reading the second item this time I had a "moment" - a flash of (insight???). It went like this... GUN CONTROL EQUATES TO POPULATION CONTROL! Think about that a moment - and its possible ramifications - Oh Boy - not sure I want to go there - think I'll let someone else pick up on this, and just quit now - I feel a brain busting tome coming on - not ready for it.

Door's open (Pandora's Box??)

AmericaFirst

Paul Harvey--How do we know he really said it?

If you don't have a PAUL HARVEY OFFICIAL WEBSITE citation for the quotes how do I know Paul said ANY of it?

Not that I doubt my fellow Firing Line people but if I want to quote the stories neutrals or skeptics will want a citation to check out for themselves.

Some of it seems too good to be true.

I know I heard, personally, Paul say after Senate acquitted Clinton: GOODBYE AMERICA YOU WERE GREAT ONCE

I wish Paul had an official site where he kept all these great remarks so we could verify them.

papercut

Ironbarr

Hate to break it to you, but according to the Library of Congress there are three commas in the 2nd.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/const/bor.html#2

If you want a high-resolution (but still hard to read) picture of the Bill of Rights, visit http://www.nara.gov/exhall/charters/billrights/bill.jpg . I find it interesting that the first amendment--some liberals screech loudly about how it's the bedrock of our freedom and so that's why it's first--was actually the *third* one on the list.

Oh, and for everyone: If you haven't already heard, several of our founding documents are being taken on a tour around the U.S. over the next few years. Visit http://www.nara.gov/exhall/american_originals_iv/traveling_exhibit.html and find the closest exhibition to you, then take everyone you can to see it!

Ironbarr

papercut...

I saved that image, took it to an old PhotoShop version, cropped it out, blew it up some and manipulated the image to bring out the text a bit. It's not perfect, but I believe that this .jpg shows three commas - one each after the words "Militia", "State", and "Arms".

The question, which I've asked in the past, is:
Is there anyone who, having viewed the original document, can attest to the comma count and word position?
It is known that the document is deteriorating, that much has been done to preserve it. Since older viewing would be expected to show more clarity I would hope some replies would come from some older folks; maybe even a clear personal photo (I believe photographing in now prohibited).

To me, it reads better with one comma, and reads as such in George's post, http://home.att.net/~superspy/translat.htm - a fine piece overall and one that demands the words (and their message) be measured by the common language of the period in which they were written. So perhaps three commas were appropriate in 1787.

But I would sure like it verified.
Remember that old saw - "The winners write the history".

nralife

AmericaFirst,

Please excuse George Hill's gruff response to you. He is over worked and underpaid monitoring these forums. Maybe he is trying to run people off from here so he won't have to read so many posts, I don't know. ;)

The second Paul Harvey commentary in George's post appears to be compiled from statistics available over at the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership website. I think both of them are legit. After one bogus Paul Harvey quote, I don't think that you were asking too much of him to source his info. Then again, you are talking to George Hill. It would be nice to know where he got that info from. I doubt that he copied it down word for word when it was aired on the radio. It must have come from somewhere.

Oh yea, he doesn't care what we think or care. Good attitude for an administrator to these forums, don'cha think? ;-)

Joe

Expecting to be banned again any minute...

Kharn

During my research for a 10 page paper I wrote this last semester on the Second Amendment, I found that the United States Government Printing Office even shows the Second Amendment as having one comma. I'm at work right now, but when I get home, I'll dig up the source. I thought it was from http://www.guncite.com, but I couldnt find it after a quick search.

Kharn

AmericaFirst

nralife

LOL well you know I guess I could have been a little clearer in exactly what I was saying, apparently it was easily misunderstood.

I appreciate your kindness.

Can anyone tell me how to LOG IN? I know how to LOG OUT LOL but I hate having to type in my name and password on each post.

And that's the rest of the story...