For Those That Think MidwayUSA Overcharges Shipping Fees...

JayCee

Shipping charges have gotten ridiculous. When I first started ordering over the internet years ago, it was a trade off whether to buy from a local retailer and pay sales tax, or order from the internet and pay shipping. Now, I'm buying from local retailers because even with the higher prices they charge, it's still usually less than the combined cost of the item and shipping charges. Unfortunately, I can't get everything I want locally, so I'm still tied to the internet, but I check out all the sites to see who's cheapest overall. Sometimes it's Midway, sometimes it's Natchez...

If our geniuses in Congress have their way, eventually we'll be paying sales tax on internet orders. Imagine what that will do to internet businesses...

grymster2007

Tell me a company that ISN'T regularly out of stock on stuff. It's a common issue whether you shop with Graf's, Midsouth, Cabela's, Midway, Powder Valley....
True.... maybe it was just my perception, but seems to me that Midway was out in front of the others. Then again, maybe their slow website just lets the "backordered" burn into your brain longer, making it seem worse than it was. I dunno, but I'm gonna try and feel positive about the fact that they're offering better shipping options. :)

I wish some of these gun retailers could be a bit more like Amazon. I have issues with them too, but overall, they're hard to beat. Their "Prime" deal is excellent. I've been using it for a few years now and for $80/year most of the stuff I order is shipped within hours, without charge and arrives second day. And for many items, another $3 or $4 and they'll ship it next day.

Jmarshall

Complete opposite, they are the only online gun accesory dealer i buy from for the reason that they offer alternative shipping options to where i live in Alaska. US Parcel Post, 13 bucks for 500 Hornaday FMJ to be delivered to my doorstep. Where has Cheaperthandirt would only ship with UPS 2day air that would have set me back $40.

freakshow10mm

Wow, only after 6 years of customers telling them to ship slat rate box and them saying "our system isn't set up for that". About time they get their stuff together. Welcome to the 21st century.

grymster2007 said:
True.... maybe it was just my perception, but seems to me that Midway was out in front of the others. Then again, maybe their slow website just lets the "backordered" burn into your brain longer, making it seem worse than it was.

Now that I can't argue. Their site is pretty darn slow....sometimes painfully slow. I don't like their new format at all. It's their customer service that keeps me doing business with them. I don't shop with them as much as Midsouth, but an honest business deserves latitude from me.

Anticonn

In regard to their site being slow, the order process always fails for me using FireFox, so I have to order in IE. I emailed them once about it in case they were unaware of this issue, but given the other technical limitations of their site I'd be surprised if that were a high priority.

Calling them works well anyway :)

MosinM38

I think they are great when it comes to pricing.

I can't remember now, but my last order was only about $18 for alot of stuff including a bunch of ammo (I snagged an order as it came in).

However they won a loyal customer over with the customer service.

I ordered a Ram-line Mini-14 stock (By the way, don't get one. The new ones are ridiculously flimsy). It arrived broke so I mailed it back. Not only did they reimburse the price of the stock, but ALSO the cost of shipping it back to them :)

That's something I don't expect from most companies!

grymster2007

I don't shop with them as much as Midsouth, but an honest business deserves latitude from me.
Agreed. Despite my original, flippant comments, I do shop Midway and will continue to..... at least until Amazon starts stocking the same stuff. :)