For Those That Think MidwayUSA Overcharges Shipping Fees...

Anticonn

I thought their rates were more than reasonable, my past two orders I think I paid like $7. Not that I wouldn't like it being cheaper, but "over-charging" is a bold statement.

Bigjim3

Amen Brother

I bought a sig short trigger and new springs. had to weigh less than a a half pound and they charged me $9.00 this was less than a week ago. Crazy:barf: and that was the cheepest. The shipping figure first said $2.90 then when I was ready to check out. BAM they kicked my while I was down.

StiveC2007

wo wo wo over charging, i've ordered a few things from midway and its wasn't over priced at al i think my last one was around 7 bucks and it got to my house in about 3 days. midways is resonable but hey im not gonna stop them from lowering the price. But i will continue to give midway my business instead of cheaperthandirt now those guys are rippoffs

wingman

I have in past stopping purchasing from Midway because of shipping/handling fees especially on small items however now that he has decided to use the flat rate priority mail system I will buy from them again. I believe some of the complaints posted on this board and others helped with the decision, but anyway good news for we "thrifty" consumers.;)

CortJestir

This is good news. I do love me some Midway. Now, if they can get the performance of their site back up to speed, I might place an order there again soon.

blume357

that's my biggest problem with midway.... is their web site

search engine sucks.... pure and simple.. I've emailed them several times over the past 6 months with very little response.... then again, money has been short and so I haven't been buying from them regardless.

Never had a problem with their shipping fees. I have a supplier, not gun related, that tries to 'skunk' its customers by selling items priced cheaper than anyone else, then they add a 'shipping and handling fee' that is usually twice as much or more than their competitors.

Mello2u

My latest order from Midway for primers is below:

In Stock Order Total: $149.95
Postage, Handling & Insurance: $8.63
Hazardous Materials Fees: $22.50
Sales Tax: $0.00
NRA "Round-Up" Contribution: $0.92
Grand Total: $182.00

$8.63 seems like a good price for three day shipping. I placed the order 6/29, shipped 6/30 and due to arrive 7/02.

For comparison, UPS ground is costing me $9.45 to send an under one pound box from GA to CA (a return of a computer components).

Doyle

What I can't stand are companies (like Bass Pro Shops) that base shipping charges on dollars spent instead of weight/size. Under their logic, a $500 scope that weighs one pound gets charged lots more than a $50 order of cheap shotgun shells that will weigh more than 10 lbs.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
search engine sucks.... pure and simple..

That's the truth. You can be looking at a product and put the exact words in the search engine and it comes up with no results. Horrible. I steer away for that reason alone.

Rich Miranda

You can be looking at a product and put the exact words in the search engine and it comes up with no results. Horrible. I steer away for that reason alone.

Me too. I wonder how many sales they lose because of this. I wonder if it's cheaper to lose the sales or to fix the website?

As for the shipping, I welcome anything that makes more sense. Flat rate is good.

I know, but it was a psychological thang

It felt like you were getting a break when the total cost was about the same.

I like it better the way it is now and don't find their shipping costs to be that much out of line.

Me being cheap as I am, I usually wait to order stuff when they're giving me a break because it's my birthday.

ThomasT

I like Midway and have no complaints on the shipping. If you want no shipping charges then use Graf & son. I think it all comes out the same.

What I don't like is when I ordered a gunstock from the Cabelas catalog and they charged me S&H plus sales tax because they have a store in my state. That burned me a bit. I can't help it if the store didn't have the stock in stock.

Anyway I learned a lesson. Have it sent to the store then go pick it up. No shipping charges that way. Just 2 hours time and $7 worth of gas. Well hell, now I'm depressed again.

Huntergirl

In the past they tacked on an extra fee for small items purchased alone. I just waited until I saw a few things I needed or were on sale and then bought them all together. I didn't think their shipping was out of line. Its the cost of doing business especially when purchasing small inexpensive items.
The only other folks I ever purchase from now days is Natchez. I got Brunton down the block from me, and they run a local sale every year, 50% or more off. Get some nice stuff every so often.

grymster2007 said:
Flat rate shipping on "out of stock" items! That's helpful!

Tell me a company that ISN'T regularly out of stock on stuff. It's a common issue whether you shop with Graf's, Midsouth, Cabela's, Midway, Powder Valley....

So, your gripe isn't new...

Every company has their vices.

KAOS

In Stock Order Total: $149.95
Postage, Handling & Insurance: $8.63
Hazardous Materials Fees: $22.50
Sales Tax: $0.00
NRA "Round-Up" Contribution: $0.92
Grand Total: $182.00

$8.63 seems like a good price for three day shipping. I placed the order 6/29, shipped 6/30 and due to arrive 7/02.

paying 9 bucks for shipping when im buying something for 150 isnt all that bad. a while ago i needed a bag for my gsg5p which was $20, shipping was another 7. then i wanted a clip draw for my glock, which weighs next to nothing. i think the shipping on that was $7+. when i sold the clip draw i put it in an envelope with a 42cent stamp on it and sent it on its way

i dont mind paying shipping but it needs to coincide with the weight/price of the item being purchased.