? for people down on Remington

barre.metzler

publius hit the nail on the head

After losing two 870 Wingmasters ( one I bought approx. 35 years ago ) to a thief a few years back, I replaced both with new Wingmasters, a 12 ga. and a sweet little 20 ga. LW Magnum, and I can't tell the difference from my older ones. They're not quite as loose as my old 12 ga. which I've shot a ****load of shells through duck hunting, but they are very smooth and well made. The 870 Express while similar is not the same gun by any means, and the price reflects it. Not many people are willing to pay $400 or $500 for a pump.

earlthegoat2

I don't see what is different. Can you expand on this a little. Are people having trouble with the bdls and cdls too, or just the 710/770/SPS models?

The fact the 770 exists is evidence enough for me that Remington just does not care anymore.

I love Remington as long as I can verify it has not been manufactured in the last 15 or more years. So much the better.

svenrh

As far as Remington quality goes, I keep hearing to buy an older one in the green box if you can find one. When did Remington stop shipping in the green boxes?