For all of those proud owners...

ch47gunner

A Daisy

My first BB gun - A Daisy.

Acquired sometime around 1958/1959. She's still in the safe.

Bruce

P9100002.jpg

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
The pump action daisey carbine was never more than ten bucks until the 70's, IIRC...
Grampa had one but it wasn't as powerful as a "modified" red ryder...
Brent

ch47gunner

No idea what the cost was - it was a B-day gift from my Dad.

Nope - wasn't as powerful as the Red Rider.
But, during the Great BB-gun Wars of Great Falls Montana, powerful didn't matter so much. The pump action was much faster than my younger brother's lever action. While if he got me it hurt, I could get off 5 or 6 shots to his one. He didn't have a chance.
Plus - you can sharpen a piece of welding rod & slip it down the barrel. Makes a great harpoon gun.
I remember lots.

Bruce

mine now

First one I owned was a Benjiman Franklin in .22 cal. This one is a .20 cal. made by Sheridan but looks just like it. I built a small trailer for him and he gave me three rifles and this.

Attachments

• Mar11255.JPG
    Mar11255.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 92

rogertc1

I still have my Dasy leveraction (winchester copy) with plastic stocks from when I was around 7 or 8 years old. Bought and paid for it myself with my lawn mowing money. The seal is long gone so the BB's just roll out now.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
I put the scope on my .22... I do pretty well out to 60 yards with the iron (really mostly plastic and tru-glo) sights:D
Brent

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
This forum has an attachment feature to upload directly to here using TFL as the "host". Since others do not I am a photobucket user. I will gladly walk you thru that method when you are ready. Pm me a phone number (I have free long distance 24-7) and a time I should call you and within 10-15 minutes you will be posting pics...
Brent

ch47gunner

880Man -

Must Learn How To Post Pics!!
It gives a whole new dimension to these forums. Not to mention you can show what you got.

Another pic of my Daisy - with my Grandson itching to shoot it.

Bruce

P9100005.jpg