Flippy Sigs?

2cooltoolz

We're here to talk guns.
I do tend to analyze things a bit. I like that. Why is this carburetor better? Why is this guitar pickup louder? What are the odds I'll pick up that full house?

I'd rather be shooting, but its 8:40 PM, my daughter's in the bath, my wife is settling in, and I'm on my 2nd glass of wine. TV doesn't do it for me.
So I think about why my Smith auto comes back to POA easier than my P220. I've owned the P220 years longer.

I LOVE SIG's. The CS45 is easier to shoot fast. It's flippin' amazin'!!

Shadi Khalil

My carry/range/nightstand/truck/boat/BBQ gun is a 239 and I'll admit it is a bit more "flippy" than most nines I have known. I dont know about bore axis and what have you but I will tell you this, if you are shooting that gun right, your follow up shots should be right on point. I have found that while the Sig's muzzle pops up quick, it lands right back where you started, everytime. I guess I learned how to shoot right with the 239 but even when I shoot my revolver or friend/rental guns, I find the sig has the best muzzle return.

spamanon

I own a p226 and a BHP both in .40 caliber. I do notice the SIG seems to "flip" more than the BHP. I haven't tried shooting double taps yet with the SIG, but I do like the way it shoots singles way better than the BHP, and it is i more accurate (or maybe I am more accurate with it is the correct statement.)

A nifty sig video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqQZOyd84o&NR=1

gc70

I concur with the advice to "trust the flip" - or at least see if it works for you. I get very quick and accurate doubles that way with a 239, 228, and 226.

ChicagoTex

.351winchester,

It's hard to describe, but I find that with most Glocks and SIGs I come accross, particularly those in 9mm, if I deliberately excercise enough faith in my trigger control and point of aim to fire the second shot of a double-tap before my eyes have registered the gun back on target I tend to wind up with two touching holes up to about 20 yards or so.
The first time I did it was with a G26 I had just rented from the range as a wild experiment, imagine my surprise!

As with all things, your mileage may vary.

scorpiusdeus

I'm a Sig loyalist and I have to agree that they have a bit more muzzle flip than other guns. I was stunned when I shot the M&P, a polymer handgun and it had almost no muzzle flip, and that was in .40 S&W.