firing pin dry lube?

RsqVet

Ezeox my work great at preventing rust, but it's not my idea of a good gun lube, sorry but even if it does get down into the pores of metal, (which any lubricant will do) once it is dry, it will take how long to be gone under serious load bearing conditions?

I use grease (pure teflon) for all slide / frame rails and anywhere else BUT the FP channel.

For FP's I pass a swab with rem-oil down the channel

As to what grease... read this:

http://www.sandsmachine.com/grease_t.htm

This is the best test procedure I have seen for lubricants that are for applications were they are expected to resists galling, and keep lubrication.

I'm sure they would test exox if someone sent them some...

Ezeox my work great at preventing rust, but it's not my idea of a good gun lube, sorry but even if it does get down into the pores of metal, (which any lubricant will do) once it is dry, it will take how long to be gone under serious load bearing conditions?

Tell me ANY handgun that undergoes serious load bearing conditions? Slide/frame friction during firing is probably one of the most critical area for lubrication. It's not like you have a several hundred pound gorilla standing on the slide while firing it.:rolleyes:

If anything, RemOil is just about the absolute worst in wearing away prematurely to provide any real protection...

I seriously doubt if Eezox penetrates metal any more or less than just about any other lubricant one might choose. The "molecular bonding" mantra is b.s.

Well, good for you. This thread isn't centered around what Eezox can or cannot persuade an individual that has doubts of its claim. I put my $.02 worth in and just about everybody that I've come across has positive results with it as well as me. The OP wanted to know what we use or don't use and I stated mine with reason and more.

mellow_c

This is what I've always done, And heard!

I'd say just clean your firing pin very very well. Dry it up, then put some oil on it, and wipe most of it away, leaving just a thin layer to protect it from rust, and to still allow proper movement, without gumming it up or attracting lots of other particles. That's what my manual suggests for my AR style rifle. And I think they know what they are talking about.

I wouldent use dry lube. just clean regularly, and dont over lube

Alleykat

That's what my manual suggests for my AR style rifle. And I think they know what they are talking about.

Yeah, that's what I do with my AR, also, but that's completely irrelevant to the discussion of using oil in firing pin channels of pistols such as Glocks. I've never seen a spec of rust on the innards of any of my Glocks, and I've shot tens of thousands of rounds through them over the past couple of decades. Glocks' firing pins are nickel-plated and ride in a polymer channel liner and polymer spacer. Other than the placebo effect for those of us who might just happen to be compulsive-obsessive, adding ANY amount of oil to a Glock's striker channel is just silly. ;)

stevelyn

I wipe a light film on it and reassemble, but I detail strip and clean about every six months to a year anyway.