Firearm insurance?

PT-92

Lucas McCain

IMHO the best firearm insurance that you can have is a good gunsafe. A good gunsafe don't cost much more than a gun an a scope.

Agreed, if you have several or more guns I think it arguably mandates that one purchase a "good" Gun Safe--Now in a perfect world that would mean a Liberty or the like Gun Safe but in reality it's way too much for many people to swing (including myself I might humbly add :(). So I bought a safe 10+ years ago of which I outgrew and I followed that up this past Christmas with another 'smaller' safe (promising myself and family that I am done with gun purchases for a "long-time" ;)). Point being that if you get a "sufficient safe bolted down, alarm system (again not necessary to "break the bank" here either), "family dog" (not to go off on a tangent but I see too many idiots treat dogs cruelly like hyenas) followed up with the aforementioned insurance of the OP you can rest assured while at work, vacation, away that you have done absolutely ALL within your power to secure your treasures (heck guns are 90%+ of what's in there but it holds other valuables as well).

Bill DeShivs

A safe will not protect from fire or water damage - even the "fire safes."
If you have a dozen or so guns, a good safe is advisable but you probably need insurance coverage any way.

A good safe buys you at most one break in. If the thief is an amateur they will come back later with someone who knows what they are doing. If they are not an amateur they will make short work of your safe then and there.