Finally ordered a tactical light!!

Phillip

O6nop posted:
I went to a local gunshow today and picked up a no-frills Streamlight Scorpion for $35 +tx It says right on the package 114 lumens. So, I may just keep the other one and take the "minor" loss on it, and a lesson learned.

They said, in an email, that he would send me a return slip in an email later. Haven't received anything yet. Just want to be done with these guys.

With all due respect, I think you came out on the better end of the deal from Botach. Quite frankly, they suck... their track record is less than stellar, in fact it's terrible. I won't bore anyone with my story of how they wronged me, but in your case it seems that they made a mistake in your favor.
They sent you a Streamlight Nightfighter LED. It's a high power LED light that sells for more than the incandescent Nightfighter you wanted. Now, I understand you are probably unhappy that you didn't get what you ordered, but you did, in my opinion, get a better light.

You've probably had time to test the two and make a comparison between the NF2 LED and the Scorpion, so I'd be very interested in hearing what you think.

Personally, I have sold most of my incandescent lights and replaced them with the higher output LED's. I currently own a Surefire L4, L5, E2W with KL1 conversion a Tactical Ops convertable 2 AA to 1 CR123 1 watt LED and a Streamlight TLR 1. I also own a Streamlight Stinger, Ultrastinger and Surefire G2 as well as a E2W. I have also converted 2 of my Mini Maglites to the LED conversion, and they are great!

I am currently testing and evaluating a Streamlight Stinger LED for my agency. I am a big fan of high output LED's. They typically have a longer run time and have less of a failure rate since the LED is not likely to break or burn out as an incandescent bulb will.

O6nop, if you don't like your NF 2 LED please feel free to contact me, and I'll gladly take it off your hands. I too am in Austin.

O6nop

With all due respect, I think you came out on the better end of the deal from Botach. Quite frankly, they suck... their track record is less than stellar, in fact it's terrible. I won't bore anyone with my story of how they wronged me, but in your case it seems that they made a mistake in your favor.
They sent you a Streamlight Nightfighter LED. It's a high power LED light that sells for more than the incandescent Nightfighter you wanted. Now, I understand you are probably unhappy that you didn't get what you ordered, but you did, in my opinion, get a better light.

You may be right, I haven't received my return slip yet. I did write to Streamlight and got this response...

Sorry for the run-a-round but here is the deal. The NF-2 Xenon does have 114 lumens and retails for 78.95 and the NF-2 LED has 42 lumens and retails for 105.00. They evidently sent you the incorrect light and the more expensive unit at the lesser cost. I have no idea how they are selling the NF series for what they are charging.

I am sure you can contact Botach and they will exchange when you tell them you received the wrong light. If there is anything else I can help with, please contact me at the plant.

Jeanne
Sales

I decided to keep it, what the heck two flashlights. I guess I was figuring that 114 lumens was better than 42. Comparing them side-by-side in a dark room, the Scorpion xenon flashlight was brighter as far as lighting up the room, the LED was more focused and had a brighter cleaner center. The deal I ended up is acceptable but Botach will never get my business again because of their customer service.

skeeter1

I'd have to agree with that statement. I've got 5 (I think) LED flashlights now, and the batteries seem to last forever. I forgot and left it running in the basement for ~24hrs, and it was still running the next day -- on 3-year-old AA batteries. The LEDs will live longer than you will.

Put an EverLED bulb

http://www.ledsupply.com/evflbu.php

in a Maglite, and I doubt you'd have any problems with it not being bright enough.

I junked my Surefire tactical light after going through CR123 batteries after every hour and replacement bulbs @$20 every 20 hours.

It might not have been what you asked for, but I think you came out on the better end of the deal. :)

O6nop

I guess I should go back to that gunshow and buy them all up, they were all around $35-$45 for the various Streamlights. If they retail for $79-$105, I should stock up! :D