Finally ordered a tactical light!!

NCHornet

As the topic states finally got around to ordering me one. Never saw much of a need until getting on this forum. I am not out at night much but I realize there are times during the day when one can come in handy, besides who can't use another flashlight? I was looking at the Surefire G2 and was almost sold on it until I found the Streamline Scorpian. I read many posts and articles that recommend at least 100 lumens for a tactical light, so if I was to buy the G2 I would have had to buy the extra high output (120 lumen) bulb at another $25. However using the 120 lumen bulb brings the battery life down to just 20 min. This would have brought the total to $65, still not bad for a well made light. The Scorpion has a lumen output of 114 right out of the box and a battery life of a full hour, at $36.00 it looked like the light for me, it had what I wanted, an adjustable beam, light weight, off/on button on end of light etc... A little more searching turned up the perfect light for me , it is the Steamline NF-2 Night Fighter tactical flashlight. Same output as the Scorpion (114 lumen), same battery life, an adjustable beam, on/off at the end of the light but also has a ring for gripping better in the hand, it is removable, it also has a belt clip and lanyard, I found this beauty for just shy of $39.00. It is supposedly the lightest light on the market for it's size, and it is under 5" long. I will give a report on it when I receive it.

gdvan01

That's a dang good deal. I did a quick google search on "NF-2 NightFighter" and the best I noticed was about $47.

tydephan

Kevin,

Sounds like a good deal. You will be pleased with the brightness of the light for sure. I have Streamlight Stingers and they are fantastic.

I might pick one up myself. You can't ever have too many flashlights!

Thanks.

O6nop

I'm impressed, I went ahead and ordered one and spare batteries. I've been looking for something like this for a while. It looks like it will fill the bill quite nicely. Thanks for the link!

ShipWreck

I've had a Scorpion for about 10 years now. I love it.

I just finally mounted it on my PS90 last month. Guess I need another one now :p

O6nop

OK, I irdered one of these lights. Now I don't know exactly how you measure a lumen, let alone 100 lumens, but when I got my light the package says it gives off 42 lumens. The package says it is a "Luxeon LED" model. The advertisement on the website which I ordered from specifically says 100 lumens. The instruction manual says a "6 volt high pressure Xenon gas filled bi-pin" bulb is required for 114 lumens. A 1 watt Luxeon LED gives off 42 lumens.

Smells like false advertising, but before I call them on it, I would like to hear from the rest of you that may have ordered one. Did you get the same merchandise? Am I getting what I asked for or is there some kind of mistake?

NCHornet

Sounds like they sent you the LED model. At least you got yours. My order status has said "Will ship in 24 hours" for four, now five days" I have sent three different emails and nobody has replied. After I ordered the light, I read a post where some folks had problems with this company. I wish I would have read it first as I found another place that was just a few bucks more and I would have avoided this. They better send me the right light!!!! It is suppose to 114 lumens. Call them and tell them you want the right light plus some free batteries for the trouble and they need to pay for returned shipping. What day did you receive yours? You ordered after me too? You must live closer to LA. I won't do business with Botach again, I promise you. If they screw my order up, I am going to ask for a full refund and I will get the light from the other place. If they want their light back they will need to pay for the shipping. Check your PM's.

NCHornet

Here is the light they sent you. I was right it is the LED version and not what you want.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=32

Something else that is wierd is they don't even sell the LED version? At least it is nowhere on their site. I wonder if they were sent the wrong lights? I will let you know what happens when, if, I get mine. They are also closed on the weekends. Perfect!!!
Good Luck, keep me posted.

O6nop

I received a brief email from Botach asking if I contacted the manufacturer (that was the entirety of their email). I am sending a reply and leaving a phone message informing them that the manufacturer wouldn't be responsible for sending me the wrong flashlight. I'm sure they must have misunderstood my email. An excerpt from my email read as follows:
I am concluding that either you sent the wrong flashlight or your advertisement is in error.
I'm not sure how they would misunderstand that. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for their reply. Depending on their next reply, I'll let you all know my recommendation of this company.

Edit: Received another reply from Botach admitting he misunderstood my email and is now asking me if I want to return it. I replied that I want the flashlight I ordered then I'll return the one they sent. Their communication response seems good but I am questioning their competence until this issue is resolved.

Am I making too big of a deal?

Last edited:

NCHornet

I think you are being way to nice. These guys are idiots in my book, and they don't give a flip about their customers. I have still not gotten a response from 3 of my emails. My order status still says "will ship in 24 hrs". I have still not received my light. Today I am canceling my order and will order from a different company. I would be making all communications with them via phone not email. They should overnight you the correct light and pay for the return shipping of the wrong unit. Did you ask them if they even have the correct light? They don't even show LED version that they sent you on their website. Please let me know what transpires and I will do the same.
To everyone else, don't buy anything from this company. You have been warned.

O6nop

Well, I've decided to never do business with these guys again. I went back and did a search on botac on this forum and found that I may be one of the more fortunate - and I'll never look at their site again or do business. At least I got a flashlight from them even though it was a cheaper model from what I ordered. I asked for a resolution - they said they would send me a slip allowing me to return it and then receive the correct item. I'm going to keep the flashlight until they send me that slip. I don't know if I can trust them to send me what I ordered. I'll make a decision at that time.
I don't recommend botachtactical, botac or botach however they do business as. But everyone can make their own decisions.

skeeter1

besides who can't use another flashlight?

No argument here. I think I have 8, but there could be more that I'm forgetting about. I'm a flashlight junky. Every time I get a new Sportsman's Guide catalog, I drool over the new one's. One of these days I have to stop buying more. Not likely.

NCHornet

I would make them send you the replacement light first. These guys have got a bad rep. I just wish I would have found out beforehand. If you send the light back make sure you get delivery confirmation as they are the types to say they never got it.
I called today and couldn't get anybody to answer their phone. I left a message 1/2 hour after they opened and never received a reply call or email. Tomorrow I am contacting my CC and I am having them reverse the charges on the CC. Sorry for the bad referral but I had no idea. I feel terrible I got you into this as well.

Jeepmark2005

Contact your bank and file a forgery claim because you purchased less then you where promised from the seller. It is fraud. The bank will refund your money in about ten days. Sell the light on ebay with the proper discription or on this site. Buy what you want from a reputible dealer. Good luck brother. Sorry for your trouble.

NCHornet

1/19, 13 days since order, no light and no replies to phone calls or emails. CC company says I need to send a certified letter with my demand for credit applied to my card. After 30 days and no response they will reverse the charges. What a pain to have to go through!!

Prophet

Man that sux I kinda know what your going through I bought a custom leather holster from this guy paid like 80 bucks which i know is cheap for a leather holster but, he was refered off of this forum and its been about 3 months and still nothing. I just decided to take the hit and keep going.

woodland

I ordered 10 SL20-LED flashlights from them as a group purchase for my academy class, and i will never deal with them again. A week after ordering them I called to check on the order. I called at 7:45 am as I thought they opened at 7:30. I thought this because when I ordered them I ordered before 8:00. Well, at 7:45 they answer and put me right on hold. I hold for over a minute and then she comes on and says "How can I help you?" I say I want to check on an order and there is silence for like 5 seconds and then she says "We open at 8:00. It's 7:45. That's 15 minutes." I was like, so why did you answer and put me on hold for over a minute? She says "call back in 15 minutes." I wrote an email describing this and saying if this was how they treat someone who just spent over $900 with them I would never deal with them again. Never got a response. I will never deal with them again as they are slow and don't give a darn about their customers.

O6nop

Iwent to a local gunshow today and picked up a no-frills Streamlight Scorpion for $35 +tx It says right on the package 114 lumens. So, I may just keep the other one and take the "minor" loss on it, and a lesson learned.

They said, in an email, that he would send me a return slip in an email later. Haven't received anything yet. Just want to be done with these guys.