Finally joined the Glock club.

Terry A

Congratulations on your purchase! I'm so brand loyal to certain companies, and Glock is a tough one to ever beat on anything. You have a great pistol and you should really enjoy it!

P5 Guy

Great Glocks! The sub compact 26 the compact 19. Great right from the box, there is really no need to change a thing. Just buy ammo and range time!
;)

Rob228

Here are the Glocks with the others. If all goes as planned (the next few range trips will be the determining factor) the G26 will be taking over for the 642 and the 36 for the Commander sized 1911.

Rob228

Had some Trijicon HD sights installed today (I've sent a lot of business to our LGS, they did the install for free, even though I bought them online). Two holsters are on the way (High Noon tailgunner, it is their take on the Milt Sparks Summer Special, and a DeSantis OWB). Headed to the range Friday, going to put 150 rounds of WWB, 100 rounds of Black Hills 230+p hollow points (Have it stockpiled, no better time to use it) A mix of standard pressure and +P Rangers (Also been stockpiling those) and some 185 DPX. Whichever works better between the Ranger and the DPX is what is going to turn into carry ammo.

Here are the new sights:

vtxmauser

I too have recently joined the Glock Club. I was in my LGS looking at the Ruger SR45 and the owner showed me a new Glock 30S. I've always carried Sigs in 9mm but started lately to look at 45ACP. I checked out this Glock and told the owner I'd go home and sleep on it. He said he would hold it for me until I came in the next day. I bought the Glock the next day and have to say I like it a lot.

ccwnut

I am also looking at the 30s as a possible ccw weapon. But I won't get one until I get another 26. That lil' pistol is my favorite carry gun:D:)!

Pond James Pond

I once tried a G26: shot it better than my own G19. A great little piece. If the G19 weren't such a great compromise of size and capacity, I'd be seriously tempted.

My theory about the performance of the G26 is that there is less of that palm-swell on the grip to angle the barrel up by those few degrees that some find so hard to accept. This was before I'd got round the grip angle of the G19, and so the 26 was, at that time, a more natural shooter for me.

Having said that I went to the range yesterday and shot 150rds doing the Cornered Cat 3-string speed up drill: it really works!!

Perhaps one day I'll get the 26, but it won't be at the cost of my 19!!

Happy shooting!
:)