Finally joined the Glock club.

Rob228

Not too long ago my wife and I found out that we are going to be getting a new addition to the family. This made her re-evaluate daily carry (she very rarely carries at the moment, mostly because "it is too heavy!!" which I can agree with, as she typically purse carries a full size M&P 9). She decided to appropriate my 642, which of course meant that I needed another tiny pistol. I got a call early this morning from my friend at the LGS who said he had a Gen III Glock 26 that he was about to put out in the display case, but if I couldn't get there in the next hour or so it would be gone. Well, once it came home, my 642 became mine again, and pending our next range trip (this coming Monday), this is going to the ol ball and chain. Looks like it worked out for everyone. Except now I might be hunting down another Glock, hopefully a 36 if someone has one in stock.

lyodbraun

Congrats and welcome to the dark side ... you will love that new G26 I have a 27 and its a great weapon, but it don't see much action anymore LOL I carry G30SF everyday now...

Dan-O

Uh oh. You know that Glocks are like Pringles don't you? Once you pop, you can't stop. Congrats on the new piece.

.40cal

Most reliable pistol you will ever own. I owned a G27 and sold it when times got hard. Worst decision I ever made. Now I have a Gen 4 G17 for home defense and walking my property. You and your wife will love the G26.

Welcome to the dark side. Like Constantine said, we've been expecting you.

Geordieman

I have owned a G36 for several years and it's my daily carry gun. It's so accurate even though it is such a small piece. I also own a G22 which is a great shooter too!

S&W-Keeper

I fought the Glock wars for several years, but finally broke down and bought one. I have 3 now.I have a 27,30,and a 19. I think everyone should own a 19.

LockedBreech

Glock puts out a solid product. Like anything popular there are haters, but they're very well-made and reliable firearms.

Last edited:

Old_Dog

I tried seven times to like a Glock and sold each of them. If your wife finds her other guns too heavy to carry I am going to guess that after a while she will find the Glock 26 too heavy also. I switched over to single stacks and own them in .380, 9mm and .45. They carry much better than any of my double stacks do and that is now what I EDC. I survived 58 years carrying no bullets so 7 or 8 is many more than I have ever needed before. Plus a reload. Not too shabby if you are a good shot under pressure but only combat vets and LEO know that for certain. :)

However, I still love the Glock 26 and almost bought one yesterday for my birthday gift. I shoot I very well and I like tinkering with a Glock. It is the only gun I do my own gunsmithing on and I still have lots of parts for them. I am still mulling over buying my 3rd Glock 19 but the fact that I always end up trading them in or selling them for something else after a few months is making it a tough decision. Enjoy the new gun.

silvermane_1

the only Glocks i have a interest in is the G20 and the G32, cuz you can get a .50 GI conversion kit for the G20 and i like the hi-cap 10mm auto, and the G32 is a hi-cap .357sig/auto.

RBid

Uh oh. You know that Glocks are like Pringles don't you? Once you pop, you can't stop. Congrats on the new piece.

This is funny. I work for a dealer. One of my sayings about firearms is, "They're like tattoos and Pringles."

As for Glocks... Convenience is addictive. The recent buying rush really made me appreciate the convenience of being able to buy accessories and parts, right off the wall of any shop.

Glock20/460long

This is funny. I work for a dealer. One of my sayings about firearms is, "They're like tattoos and Pringles."

As for Glocks... Convenience is addictive. The recent buying rush really made me appreciate the convenience of being able to buy accessories and parts, right off the wall of any shop.

I used to like Pringles, never liked Tattoo's, but I love my Glock 20, and always liked Glock (17) from when they first came out.

Now,.... I own the most powerful Glock on this board. Bar-nun. Got the 21 LS with the 6.61" barrel ($2000+ with the 9X25 dillon barrel). The best waste of money I ever spent, and I have the short ("pun" stock 4.6 set up) version too.

sorry for the lack of pick's, but I'm starting a new life very abstraked for my new life.

You won't be disapoinetd.

I'm been drinkink(I meant hunting) Wild Turkey with no gun so, saloute to a AA boy's, I made my statement "I'LL BE BACK":D

Last edited:

Brit

Now you have your new Glock 26, put a few essentials into it.

Original Glock sights? Gone. TruGlo fiber optics in green, extended slide release, bedside table at night, Glock 19 magazine, spare magazine, in purse? Glock 19 spare mag side compartment.