Finally have a place to shoot

Doc Hoy

More photos of the work at our property.

tractor is helpful in moving stuff around. I just cover it and take the keys with me when I leave the site. I am trusting that it won't be stolen.

The pile of branches is the beginning of the berm. After this visit, I took a chipper to the site and turn a bunch of the branches into chips.

You guys may remember that I believe that, when careful, you can get a good deal at Harbor Freight. That chipper was one such deal. It lists for $600.00 now. We bought it about three years ago with one of those store discounts. Never regretted it.

Attachments

• PG e.jpg
    PG e.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 24
  • PG f.jpg
    PG f.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Dave T

Your own private shooting range. Color me green with envy...but a friendly kind of envy. Congratulations are indeed in order.

Dave

Doc Hoy

Thanks Dave

The warm welcome I have received is very much appreciated. As regards BP shooting, I am rethinking my range box actually turning it into a range bag. That project is in it's infancy.

Doc Hoy

Hawg...

Indeed, I am working on it now.

I am working up a digging bucket as is found on a backhoe.

That unit will use mostly 1320 pound actuators instead of the 330 pound units for the loader bucket.

I am deciding upon the geometry for it now. Close to buying the actuators and metal.

The property has several hog wallers in which the soil is disturbed and soft. This is the soil I will use to build up the berm. There is water on the property but only when it rains pretty hard. I think if I dig down I will strike more permanent water. I am not looking to dig a swimming pool, just want to provide a refuge for other wildlife than just wild boars.

I wish I was younger. Stamina is beginning to decline.

Doc Hoy

TK and Peashooter

Good to read your handles again. Tnx for the kind words.

Still have two of the trapdoor carbines.

Working on a Remington Rolling Block Number 2 Sporting Rifle now (among other things.

Good to be back with your guys.

Tnx,

Doc