finally got my zk-22 bullpup kit

jackpine

new products some times need a final fit and finish buy the end user. As far as the trigger thats what you get when you add a 10" flexible rod to your trigger group. I have never seen anything but mush out of a bullpup trigger.

Yung.gunr

That's too bad you are not having very good luck with it. Hopefully they can get it figured out for you. It does look REALLY nice though. Kinda makes me wanna get a 10/22.

I have heard only negative about bullpup triggers so if it is not too bad after they work on it be sure to let us know.

should be getting it back today. Joe said there was some debris in the charging handle and that the trigger needed a little less cam and a lot more graphite. He didn't say anything about the mag release. hopefully, he unjammed that as well.

zombiekilla

I put my ZK-22 together as well but I havent had any issues with it yet :)

Attachments

• IMG_0342_2.jpg
    IMG_0342_2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0355_2.jpg
    IMG_0355_2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 35
yeah, i'm a fan of the bull barrel and the 2 piece sticker. mine definitely did not come with that. in fact, the kit comes with a brass deflector that would hide that.

i was looking at bull barrels on ebay the other day. is it easy enough to attach a bull barrel to the standard carbine chamber?

they tried to deliver mine yesterday during the one hour my wife wasn't at home to sign for it. i'm having it held at the distribution center for pickup during my lunch break.

Last edited:

zombiekilla

Yeah it is a bull barrel. The Zombie Killer doesn't come in the kit, and its not a sticker, its a Custom CNC bolt engraved with it saying Zombie Killer :). I decided to upgrade my factory bolt to a CNC and I found this company JWH Custom who sells them and engraved as well for a reasonable price. You can check out all their designs www.jwhcustom.com or see if they can make something specific you might want :)
Yeah I didnt find it too difficult to install it.
Glad you are getting it today! Cant wait for the updates!

just picked it up. only had a chance to quickly check the charging handle and trigger. charging handle moves freely now, and the trigger is much lighter. still not as light as the factory 10/22, but i didn't really expect that out of a bullpup. didn't have a mag to test mag release, but joe is a thorough guy. i expect he checked that too.

jwhcustoms looks cool. may have to consider that in the future.

I haven't even tried it. as long as it drops free, the hardest part would be reaching up in there and keeping it level as you insert it. they leave a huge hole for the mag, so getting your fingers in there shouldn't be a problem.

ShamrockArmory

As I won't be sending RJF any of my money as well, if either of you decide you want to part with that kit, I might be interested. Haha. I hate when terrible companies make decent products that I want.

zombiekilla

They do give you plenty of space, I don't have issues with it at all, but then again Im a girl with thinner hands than most haha

Everything seems to work
IMG_20130205_171846_zps4355dec5.jpg

Venom1956

bull barrels are easy to install on 10/22s usually they are oversized so you just take some sandpaper if needed and they fit in snug. Also I think with that kit you can't use a 16.5" barrel because it'll be an SBR* (not positive) I think a 18" would do fine. I have used TacSol and Volquartsen barrels I also like Green Mt.

zombiekilla

Wish my lady had a screen name like that. :D

with the brass deflector installed, it shouldn't be a problem. it shoots all brass directly down. might burn your shirt, but other than that, it should be ok.