Finally getting reloading setup... Lee Classic Kit or buy piece by piece?

mxsailor803

Mitchum- Hate to break it to ya, you won't save any money by reloading. What you do end up doing is shooting more. Granted it does take time to reccup your initial investment in equipment and supplies but we are talking years before a return in investment. Now if you reloaded a odd caliber or expensive calibers, ie. .44mag, 41mag, 50ae, 454 casull, 500s&w and others, you can regain the investment faster. But don't expect a overnight return.

Pond James Pond

Sounds good, but see if you can negotiate a Lee Perfect Powder Measure in lieu of the Pro-disk, or pay a bit extra and get the adjustable disk add-on for the Pro-disk.

You'll have all you need to get reloading with some flexibility and speed of production.

Enjoy! I remember the giddy excitement and slight apprehension of having what I need to make my own cartridges.

Mitchum

PHP:
Mitchum- Hate to break it to ya, you won't save any money by reloading. What you do end up doing is shooting more. Granted it does take time to reccup your initial investment in equipment and supplies but we are talking years before a return in investment.

Understood!! Yes - I've heard more shooting is what ends up happening but even if I can shoot double the rounds for the money to me it will have been money well spent :)

I've pushed the pencil around and, after repayment of investment, was hoping to cut my cost in half but in reality that's not the primary reason I'm looking to reload.