Finally found a Chiappa Rhino

Elliottsdad

It's an interesting looking revolver. I'm sure the cylinder shape cuts down on printing.
The elephant man was interesting looking, too.

Hammerhead

I didn't take any of this seriously until I saw the 9mm/.357 combo with moon clips.
Anyone know how that works?
One cylinder with compromise chambers or two cylinders?
Moon clips for 9mm?
No clips for .357?
Nothing on the web site.

longranger

The price of them really puts me off,I can buy Colts and S&W's for less and have a better gun,at least in the trditional sense.Nearly a grand for a 6",no thanks.

Microgunner

longranger said:
The price of them really puts me off,I can buy Colts and S&W's for less and have a better gun,at least in the trditional sense.Nearly a grand for a 6",no thanks.

I own Colts and Smiths, many of them.
I didn't want another of what I've been shooting my whole life.
This is also a hobby for me and I wanted something new and unusual, as well as functional.
I think the Rhino satisfies these desires for me and I'm very happy with it.

Carry_24/7

True, that rhino is ugly, but I'd like to know if the design actually lends it something extra. It's interesting.

As for Keltecs, folks keep buying them because they are cheap. I have none.

longranger

I own Colts and Smiths, many of them.
I didn't want another of what I've been shooting my whole life.
This is also a hobby for me and I wanted something new and unusual, as well as functional.
I think the Rhino satisfies these desires for me and I'm very happy with it.

I suppose so,somebody has to buy them.;)

8000fthi

chiapa rhino

I got one about 2mo ago and really like it, virtually no recoil shooting 38 sp. Very accurate. I think you'll find it the sweetest shooting snubby you've ever shot.

"When I first saw one I thought OMG those things are huge! But it's an optical illusion. LOS posted one of his charts on one and they're no bigger than Rugers & Smiths of the same caliber."

My exact reaction, but I haven't seen the chart...

pelo801

i've had one for about, maybe 6 months. i don't care what type of alloy they're made of, well a little. but it feels plenty solid in my hand. it shoots wel, and really tames the .357 recoil and flip. at first the price was off putting, as someone else mentioned. but i thought because of the uniqueness, i really wanted one. so i did. now i really want one of those 4" white ones with the wood grips. i think they look cool, far from ugly. if you think they are ugly, good for you, but you should really shoot one and then reelvaluate. i'm actually going to go shoot mine today, just with some 38 reloads.

JGus

As a collector, I had to get one (bought the 6") for my collection. It's so darn ugly and unique I just had to have it.

WildBill45

There is ugly ... then there is Chiappa!!!

If it were priced like a HI-POINT I would take a chance and buy one, but I heard they are more expensive than a Smith!:eek:

los

johnwilliamson said:
... My exact reaction, but I haven't seen the chart...

ChiappaRhino20DSvsSWModel640-ComparisonChart-MASTER3D-1.jpg

ChiappaRhino20DSvsRohrbaughR9-ComparisonChartNo2-MASTER3D-1.jpg

ChiappaRhino20DSvsRugerLCP-ComparisonChart-MarbleSlateSeries-MASTER3D-1.jpg

BobergXR9-SvsChiappaSSRhino20DS-ComparisonChart-MASTER3D-1.jpg

RugerLCRvsRugerSP101ComparisonChart2MASTER3D-1.jpg

RugerSP101vsSWModel640ComparisonChartMASTER3D-1.jpg