Finally found a Chiappa Rhino

mrt949

I handled one in sandford fl last week .It was the 2 in in blue . I would like to see one in 4 in in white rhino . If i was seriously looking,:D

Altered Ego

Congratulations!!!

Nice choice! My 6" Rhino will be available for me to pick up next week as well. Glad to see that there are some fans finally. :D

dgludwig

Sorry, and for all the wrong reasons, I wouldn't have one in my collection: I just can't get past the looks. It's almost as if Hi-Point decided to make a revolver...:eek:

Standing Wolf

Member in memoriam
It's almost as if Hi-Point decided to make a revolver...

If Hi Point tried to make a revolver, it would be ugly. The Chiappa Rhino is miles past ugly into very nearly irresistible. Remember fins on cars? I won't be surprised if the Rhino catches on as a cult item, if only because its style is all its own, and nothing else is even close.

grumpa72

2" DAO. Will arrive next week. Photos to follow.

For a fleeting second there, I thought it said DOA as in Dead on Arrival! :D I partially agree with Don P that this gun is ugly but I disagree that it is cute. I guess that is why Baskin Robbins has 27 flavors.

Enjoy your new purchase.

Shadi Khalil

I think it's a very interesting design, albeit ugly but interesting nonetheless. If I was a collector I'd definitely pick one up as I don't think they will be around very long. It doesn't seem like it will catch on and be a design that others will copy and consumers will take to. But that doesn't mean it's a bad gun.

C0untZer0

When I first saw one I thought OMG those things are huge! But it's an optical illusion. LOS posted one of his charts on one and they're no bigger than Rugers & Smiths of the same caliber.

If Chiappa made one in 9mm I'd buy two!

It may be that if you are a traditionalist with the revolver you see them as ugly and dislike them at a viceral level.

I experience that with the Hi-Points, especially their carbine. I just look at the Hi-Point and I look at the Marlin Camp Carbine and I think "Jeee-hosephat - why did those guys make that thing so damned ugly."

But I look at the Chiappa Rhinos and think "Wow thats cool."

mrt949

Everyone thinks KELTECS ARE UGLY . But they keep selling them and every other gun mfg .clones them. I like the RHINO .

icedog88

Almost bought one myself 2 months back. It is amazing in it's comfort and an utterly natural pointer. Butt ugly,akin to the Southern saying "Bless it's little heart", which we all know to mean that someone has just seen the ugliest child. I didn't like the fact that the rubber grip was separating from the backstrap however. I also saw a S&W 586 4" .357 and a Beretta 92fs which I bought for the same price instead.

chewie146

It's kinda modern-artsy. I'm not sure how I feel about the firing chamber being that close to my finger. I've even heard rumors of strange burns, but that could be poor technique, too. I'd agree they're ugly, but in a shar pei or bulldog kind of way. It's a tough ugly.

CWKahrFan

I've seen a couple net reports about hand-burning but, as I remember, it had to do with the placement of the support hand... The support hand needs to be (intelligently) supporting "underneath" with fingers away from the cylinder... 'Course I guess that's a lesson one would only need to learn once...

I've held one at a gun show... It was comfortable. The net reports I've read from those firing them generally say that the muzzle flip factor is indeed highly diminished with the design... and that it shoots very softly for a .357.

B. Lahey

I messed with one at the gunshop a while back. The trigger was not nearly as bad as I expected. Not great, but nothing like the horror I expected from reading the pontifications of internet experts.

Shadi Khalil

Everyone thinks KELTECS ARE UGLY . But they keep selling them and every other gun mfg .clones them. I like the RHINO .

There is not very much that is complex or very unique about the Kel Tec. Small .380's and .32's is nothing we haven't seen before. When the kel tec was new it was a different story but that was quite some time ago. Also, I wouldn't say Kel tecs are ugly, they are just not very well refined. Look at the LCP, with it's nice finish and smooth edges it's pretty easy on the eyes. Take those two features away and its a kel tec.