Finally a new lever action shotgun

Husqvarna

Finally a new lever action shotgun

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/20/adler-lever-action-shotgun/

a110zpz-660x464.png

not at all like those clunks norinco 1887 (even the chiappa)

this seems to handle like a modern semi auto/pump

due to silly laws this gets a pass from magazine restrictions in Sweden, Australia and other countries, not that you need more then 2+1 for hunting but i'd be fun just to stick it to the man

jmr40

I can see the appeal in places where pumps and semi's aren't allowed. I don't see much of a market here. You could get off 4 shots a lot faster with a double and it wouldn't be much if any faster than a bolt action shotgun.

In fact I'd bet I could get off 4 shots faster with a break action single shot.

idek

In fact I'd bet I could get off 4 shots faster with a break action single shot.
Wow! You must be really fast with a single shot or really slow with a lever gun. :)

Anyway, my .357 lever action is probably my favorite gun, but a lever-action shotgun just doesn't have quite the same appeal... Although I see how it could be a good option where pumps are restricted.

Last edited:

upstate81

Single shot faster than a lever action?? I would love to see that challenge. Im not a gambling man but i wouldnt be afraid to lay down cash on that action.
Cool gun tho. Would like to have one for just blasting away :)

lamarw

I can see where it might be OK for deer hunting or home defense. In my opinion, I can't see how it would outdo either a semi or a pump for bird hunting. Can't get it back on target quick enough.

Husqvarna

I can't see how it would outdo either a semi or a pump for bird hunting. Can't get it back on target quick enough.

but your support hand would be more stationary with this setup vs a pump

and maybe you'd be able to keep on target and/or keep a swing going better

kozak6

Parts and service tend to be difficult to get for Turkish shotguns.

I'm sure it's a fine shotgun, and especially in those countries that restrict other action types.

For the American market, I don't see what it offers over a likely more affordable pump action.

MarkCO

For the American market, I don't see what it offers over a likely more affordable pump action.

It is cool! :D

At least half, probably more like 3/4, of the cartridges and firearms sold in America offer "nothing more" than a more affordable and equally capable firearm.

herbs

G'day guys, yes, we should finally be getting our Adler lever actions here in Australia within a few weeks. Been a hell of a battle but they're coming now with a 5 round magazine instead of seven. Thinking about ordering a 2nd one with a 28 inch barrel (ordered one with 20 inch barrel) as my way of saying FU to our government. We're going to have to battle to keep them too.:mad: O Of course, if pump action or semi auto shotguns weren't so restricted here, I'd have at least one of each, but that's our stupid laws for you.

CaptainChaos

The Winchester 9410 was an awesome little gun when it was out

I've always fancied one of these but the Winchesters are seven or eight hundred quid second hand and the modern repros seem to always have 20" barrels which makes them "Section.1" in the UK. (This means that you have to have a "slot" on your FireArms Certificate for it. With Section.2 (ShotGun Certificate), there's no such restriction.) The ammo is also more expensive.

However, I applied for a variation to my FAC to allow me some rifle slots. Some will be lever-action, of course. I *like* lever-action guns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syZywq2o4J4

Regards,

Mark.