Finally - a 25 straight.

darkgael

The private clubs seem to fare better than the commercial operations. SISC is in an out of the way part of S.I. and, to my knowledge is doing OK. Nearby is Richmond Borough Rifle and Pistol, literally underneath the Outerbridge Crossing to NJ; They just completed a new action pistol bay. Down the road from them is Colonial R&P - they have had issue with their 200 yard rifle range but the rest is used.
My own club - Metropolitan Rod and Gun Club - is 77 years old and lives in a Brownstone building in what time, economy and realtors have made a very desirable location. We keep shooting.
Pete

oneounceload

I remember growing up in Brooklyn, and by Marine Park was, at one time, some of the best duck hunting and a big trap club - that was a long time ago, unfortunately

Glad to see some clubs are making it and letting folks like you reach that dream of a straight!

darkgael

2nd

Last report on this....had another 25 yesterday (92/100). This happened a lot sooner than the first. This with the BT-99. I added a slip on pad to get my LOP out to 15 1/4" - which is what the Fitter told me was correct. Just seemed easier to shoot - or I was just happy with the results.
Guess that I am learning.
Pete

zippy13

Darkgael and TKM, my friends, often a new gun, or a modification to the old one can result in instant higher scores. It's not that you've learned any more, but you making fewer mistakes. And, it's natural to try harder with the new gun.

darkgael

My first time shooting at the 16 yard line, I hit one.
"You are shooting that like a rifle." I was.
The second time, with a friend coaching by my shoulder, I hit about 10.
Pete

TheKlawMan

You had it easy, Darkgael. I started shooting from the 16 yard line with an open cylinder 870 with an 18.5" barrel, on top of which my prescription was old and my lenses so small that I looked over the top of the frames. I remember a couple months after getting the 870 I got a used vent rib 28" barrel for it with chokes. The first time shooting it I hit 8 in a row, before the wheels came off. I no longer have those excuses and can only envy your improvement. I hear that the BT-99 is a nice trap gun but suspect the main reason for your improved scores is the indian and not the arrow (should really be the bow but it appears not to be what is said).