favorite shotgun from before this decade

jaughtman

Mine is old AND new.....

To me at least. I always had a thing for fine O/U's but could not afford the ones I lusted after. I found a 1956 Belgian Browning Superposed in our LGS "scratch and dent sale" for 700, and my wife paid around 300 or so to have all the wood refinished for our anniversary. So, mine is an OLD shotgun - way before this decade, but new to me from the past year....

J

mach1.3

I have several from the early and late days.
1. My old Winchester M59 12ga. with WinLite bbl. My first 12 and easy to tote and light recoiling. Great dove, quail, pheasant, squirrel or rabbit gun.
2. My Dad's A5 12 ga.
3. My 1986 Browning Citori Lightning OU 12ga.

Zebulon

Though I no longer have it....and it breaks my heart to say it. The Remington 18" Rifle Sighted 11-87 Police.....I'd love to have a pair of them now.................. Zebulon

My11-87P_zps5059d7be.jpg

spacecoast

My 12-gauge Remington 870 Wingmaster from 1970, barrel shortened to 18.5". Note the extra "safety" that I've installed.

DSC02439_zps832c4147.jpg

Tommy Vercetti

I've had a Winchester 1300 for quite some time now, it has a 22 inch barrel and only holds 4 in the magazine but I'm still a huge fan of it, my youngest son said he wants it when he's grown up

Mikey Idaho

My grandfather's Browning Auto 5 from the mid 1930s that I've acquired. Does need some TLC though

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

BigD_in_FL

Just realized that MOST of my guns, let alone shotguns, are from before this decade.damn, this getting old sucks, I remember when I bought my target gun in 94.....( don't ask me what I had for dinner two days ago though), and now I realize some of my guns I bought go back to the late 70s.....::eek:

mach1.3

The prettiest guns I own are a Beretta A390ST DU from 1991 in NIB condition
and a 1985 Remington 700 BDL in .22-250 in LNIB condition. The wood on either is spectacular. I also have a 2001 Browning Gold Hunter with great looking wood. All these guns from over a decade ago. Good walnut was a given twenty years ago, today it's a premium priced add-on. A new 2012 Browning Cynergy has good walnut but would have been considered less than Grade 1 in the 80s or 90s.

All my favorite shotguns or rifles are from the 1950-1990s.

mach1.3

Pardon me if I reminisce but my Dad and Granddad were always big Browning A5 shotgun guys. At one time we had 6 of them at the house in the gun cabinet---most midwesterns didn't have safes back then. Of course, in our small town we left our houses unlocked and our cars too for that matter most of the time.

Anyway I digress, we had a magnum A5 twelve, a couple three light twelves in various bbl lengths and chokes, a sweet sixteen(wish I had now) and a twenty gauge in perfect condition(was bought for my Mom and she never shot it). Ah, those were the days when every weekend during bird season we were out and about, after quail and pheasant. We always had a bird dog or two pinned up in the backyard--generally Brittney spaniels. Good bird dogs with soft mouths but their hind quarters collected burrs like crazy. Would have to shave them to get them off.

Ahhh, good times indeed. These are the memories I have when I look at my Dad's old Light Twelve A5 Browning.

WV_gunner

I like my Marlin Goosegun. It's not practical for much but it's a fun gun. Being bolt action and having a 3 foot barrel makes it very long. It's 2+1 with a detachable magazine.

chesterfield

So hard to choose. I guess it comes down to three: a Remington 11 in 12ga, a Remington 11-48 in 16ga, and a Remington 870 in 12ga. Love my Remingtons.