favorite shotgun from before this decade

darkgael

Fav

An old Parker VH.
PICT0048.jpg

BigJimP

Before this decade...as in before 2002 ....??? ( damn, I'm getting old )...:D

It was the same then, as now, Browning Citori Over Under ...and my all around Citori, although I have several Citori's - field guns, Trap guns, Skeet guns, etc...my all around Citori - is a parallel comb gun, the Citori XS Skeet model, 30" barrels, with an adjustable comb...and I have that model in a 12ga, a 20ga, a 28ga and a .410....

My most versatile of the XS Skeet models -is my 12ga..../ but my favorite is the 28ga. Either one of these guns is at home on any clays field ( Skeet, Trap or Sporting Clays ...or 5 Stand ....and in the field for Quail, Grouse or even Pheasant.../ I'm too darn old to be chasing Chukar anymore..and too crabby to change guns now !

drcook

I recently got the top one. It is a 1956 vintage Ithaca 37 16 gauge.

The next picture is the newest one I am buying. A 1952 Ithaca. It will have screw in chokes put in, be reblued and have a correct recoil pad installed.

The last is my other Ithacas. Only the bottom gun has never harvested any game, mostly because it is 16 yrs old and still basically NIB. I restocked the laminate stocked one myself.

Each of these has its specific purpose and niche. For close quarters rabbits, the first 16 is a light, quick handling gun. The barrel is fixed choked modified.

I know where there is another one for sale.

404819924.jpg

405040671.jpg

404766034.jpg

BfloBill

For slugs- Ithaca 37 Featherlight in 20 ga.

For birdshot- Ruger Red Label 20 ga.

I always ended up with the 20's because as a kid when my Dad took us out he handed the 12 ga to my older/larger brother. I learned I could do anything with a 20 that he could do with a 12 and they grew on me.

dgludwig

Browning Double Auto. Purchased it new in 1961 for $149.99. I still have it and use it a lot for grouse and woodcock hunting.

Virginian

Repeaters - Remington Model 1100. 49 years and still going strong. Along with 4 more. Close second - Wingmaster Magnum.
Others - Browning BSS Sporter
I have owned a lot more, and a lot more expensive, but those are it for me.

HungryHunter

My father's (now mine) winchester 12. Believe its stamped '56. Dad hated grackels (blackbirds)with passion for eating his dog food. We lived near a feedlot with a grain silo so thry came in like a plague every year.Our best year dad n I shot 800+ shotgun shells, reloaded them and shot them again. That happened almost every year for ten years. I have been hunting awhile n so I know it sounds like b.s. so take it if you like it, if not sorry. Its retired now, but that's still old trusty.

Scout

I think the Model 12 is my favorite. I like my Savage 67 very well too, even though it's supposed to be a POS.