Favorite drink after the hunt is over.

Smith66

after the guns are put away, several Budweiser longnecks and a copenhagen suit me just fine. any time of year

Samuel2001

Hot day=Captain Jack & ice cold Coke! If winter I'll take a good(at least 18 years old/Glenmorangie, Laphroaig, Glenlivet, Etc..) single malt Scotch and a Fuentes Hemingway stogie to finish it off!

Do we really need to go hunting to enjoy our favorite beverage? Oh wait, I get it thats just the excuse! Huh? ;)

Bushwhack-Bob

A few years ago I would have said old Irish whiskey in a tin cup. After a few trips to the Carribean I've learned to love aged rum more than any whiskey.

Like the man said in the movie The Deep....."Rum's not drink'in, it's surviv'in."

Ben Swenson

I don't drink alcohol at all, so I'd have to say Vernors.

However, I was playing around with Photoshop after taking my camera hunting last season and came up with this. The subject is no less than fellow TFL/THR member, teetotaler and hunter Nate Hibschman (aka Kcustom45).

czmatt

Beer!!!

Generally, it never gets that cold down here in So Texas, so Give me a cold beer. And when it does get cold... Some hot cocoa will do just fine...

Jseime

mmm so many choices

for a fine drink ten year old single malt scotch on the rocks and for a drink with my buddies molson canadian or Kokanee beer cold as can be.

38splfan

Hhhhmmmm......

Cold outside..... Capt. Morgan Spiced Rum
Warm outside....Capt. Morgan
Beautiful and Breezy....Capt. Morgan
Rainy....Capt. Morgan
Snowing....Capt. Morgan
Sleet....Capt. Morgan
Hail....Capt. Morgan
Inside no matter the weather....Capt. Morgan

No favorites, promise :D
If no Cap'n is around, a good cold Budweiser will be fine :)
If there are people underage about, then good ole Coca-Cola.

No alcohol is consumed while the guns are uncased. Period.

HunterTRW

The late author, Gene Hill, offered the following in a story titled "Rain" from his A Hunter's Fireside Book:

"You'll have to admit that one of the nicest things about getting wet is getting dry. How about the feeling of sticking your feet into some nice warm, dry sheepskin slippers! A fresh, clean shirt and britches and snuggle your backside up in front of the fire--if you can move the dogs out of your way.

"Then you warm a quart of milk, add a pint or so of burbon whiskey, a few teaspoons of sugar, a couple of drops of vanilla, a clove or two, a sprinkle of nutmeg. Divide this equally amongst those tossed by the storms."

I've tried this (after I was safely home, the dogs cared for, the guns cleaned and secured in the vault, and the game prepared) and I must say it is a delightful recipe. Best when enjoyed with friends before a fire in the hearth. Cheers!

Good luck, and good shooting.

Rojoe67

Warm weather - ice cold brown bottle beer........ Bud's always good
sometimes a diet Coke

Cold weather - hot coffee with irish cream.........

Epi 1:10000

Bourbon: Knob Creek or Buffalo Trace sraight up

Beer: La Fin Du Monde, Dogfish head 90 minute IPA, or Bush Prestige(Scaldis)

Wine: A beefy Malbec, Shiraz, or Zin

Bowtier

Wild Turkey 101,

neat,sip... sip....sip....GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE:D

Oh, with a side of ice water...keeps me from getting too warm.;)

shureshot0471

Good ole Shiner Bock or Coors Original then as the fire gets a little more hot the Crown Special Reserve comes out along with the diet coke :D :cool: :D