Favorite drink after the hunt is over.

12-34hom

What type of drink do you prefer while sitting around with your buddies swapping lies after a hunt??

My two would include; Steaming hot coffee stoked with liberal doses of Baileys irish cream or Crown Royal in iced down Coke classic..... :)

12-34hom.

Southla1

Member In Memoriam
It would depend on the time of year and the climate.

Hot and humid weather like doves in Sept. Something cold. Be it beer, tea, coke, etc.

In cold weather such as deer in Dec.-Jan. than it again will depend. A good burbon, Crown, or if hot food is right there milk with the food and some good sipping whiskey after hot food and a hot shower and warming up.

retiredsgt

Favorite

How about sitting around the campfire grilling and eating fresh deer loin and sipping some Virginia Shine. Then, after all is gone(both the loin and shine) smoking a great cigar and sipping some Bushmill's.;)

Chuck Dye

Hot weather, a micro brewed India Pale Ale.

Cold, Strong black tea with lots of lime juice, honey, and black rum.

Cowdogpete

Gotta go with the cold beer. Me an liquor don't get along.

Prefer Ziegenbach or a really cold Michelob Dry (in a longneck)

six 4 sure

I always enjoy a good cold beer, Jack and coke is nice also, but if I'm fighting off the cold as a change of pace I enjoy some hot apple cider with a healthy dose of brandy.

Ron L

Why ruin Baileys with a cup of coffee? ;) Actually, that's one of my favorites, but I'll drink it chilled as well. Beer is OK, but not just any beer, lately, I'm partial to Honey Brown or a good Pale Ale (mmmm Oberon's).

But two of my favorite beverages anyway are an ice cold Coke or a good cup of coffee, and a nice cup of hot tea will do in a pinch.

Keith Rogan

A few years ago I would have said old Irish whiskey in a tin cup. After a few trips to the Carribean I've learned to love aged rum more than any whiskey.
If you haven't tried good rum yet, pick up a bottle of "Anejo" or aged rum at the liquor store. You won't have to pay much, you can get great rums for under $20. Try it in a brandy snifter and it will put $100 Cognac or single malt Scotch to shame. But of course, for hunting we'll have to go with a tin cup, preferably enameled!

If you're new to premium rums, here is a few that are really good.

Barbancourt Five Star (Haiti)
Appleton Twelve Year Old (Jamaica)
Cruzan Estate Diamond (St. Croix)
Black Seal (Bermuda)

These are all relatively inexpensive, yet fine rums. There are dozens more out there. You really can't go wrong with any rum that's been aged - check the label. For some reason most of the Puerto Rican rums don't measure up - even the "premium" ones. I think they've been formulated for American palates that think rum is supposed to be mixed with coke.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
I gotta chuckle at the memory of the number of times we did the "vertical rotisserie" at a campfire. Slowly turning 'round and 'round, warming the cold side. And drinking cold beer, usually. Why go inside the camphouse, by that nice little woodstove? That might show signs of intelligence! :D

I've come to like "Maker's Mark" bourbon, for sippin' whiskey. I've always been a coffee hound, so most any rum or bourbon will work in that.

I sorta like Ol' Bud's "bite", for at-camp beer.

Most anything tastes good if ya got Bambi hangin'.

:), Art

Fierce Grape Gatorade

I cover a lot of ground while pheasant hunting and walk where the fat road hunters can't even see from the road. Many birds there. They should try it sometime.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
H.J, Gatorade is good lubricant for the body, during the hunt.

A wee drap of something else, after the hunt and around the campfire, is lubricant for the soul.

(I note that there are some who get a bit too well-oiled...)

:), Art

yorec

During hunt in cold weather: Water.
In Warm Weather: Wather.

After Hunt in cold weather: Water.
In warm weather: Wather.

Hmm. Methinks I see a pattern here...