Favorite .22LR handgun?

peacefulgary

And yes, I am looking to add a .22LR handgun to my fold.
Currently my only .22LR handgun is a Ruger SR22...and I love it!
But it's a bit lonely and needs a friend.

chadio

Dad taught my brother and I to shoot with an old school Ruger single action revolver. Now I have one.

Also have a thing for .22 semi - autos that were designed to be great target pistols from square one, such as the Ruger Mark series, SW Victory, and the Browning Buck Mark. My Browning is near and dear.

Nothing against the 'repli - racers'... however, the ones mentioned here have serious mojo and legacy.....

Hawg

It would have to be my Browning 1911-22. I have others that are more accurate but this one is by far the funnest one.

fuWRDosl.jpg

I am well aware funnest is not a word.:rolleyes:

ds-10-speed

I have several .22 handguns but these 2 are my favorite and used the most for bowling pin competition and steel plate matches like SCSA.

znJHYUh.jpg

fx2WWpF.jpg

Jim Watson

Can I pick two?
Apart from family heirlooms, my only .22 revolver is a S&W Combat Masterpiece and I really like it for DA practice.

A Nelson Conversion, mounted on my least-used .45 frame, is probably my most useful automatic; accurate and reliable. I have sentimental favorites, good guns all, but the Nelson Just Works.

totaldla

I have a S&W622 that I like. Bought it new in 1992, stoned the trigger and have been shooting it ever since. Very lightweight. Pain in the butt to detail strip so I just hose it out with brake cleaner and then Rem Oil when it gets so dirty it won't cycle. New shooters love it.

jar

My old H&R 923. It's been a faithful friend for a brazillion years.

Attachments

• 923-01small.jpg
    923-01small.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 923-03small.jpg
    923-03small.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 115

chadio

:cool: Normally they fight like cats and dogs, but I caught them both taking a nap....

Attachments

• WP_20220330_001.jpg
    WP_20220330_001.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 256

Eddiejoe

I love my Ruger MK IV!
We also have a Heritage with the .22 Magnum cylinder as well as .22LR. That is also fun to shoot.

Dead-Nuts-Zero

I have several favorites such as S&W M17 & K22's, Ruger Standard & Mark II.

Then I bought a beautiful older like new S&W Model 41 which became my all time favorite for shooting standard velocity target loads.

However a M 41 will set ya back a few hundred bucks, but very satisfied with the one I have, a favorite for sure!

DirtyHarold

I’m not gonna say it’s my favorite but I have been pleasantly surprised with the Kel Tec P17. Found it for 200 bucks at a LGS, I have used it for IDPA practices when ammo was impossible to find and expensive during covid and I would run circles around guys and their CZ and 1911s. The trigger is super light, it’s pretty accurate for what it is (it’s not a bullseye shooter) and it’s tons of fun. Suppressor ready. Fun per dollar you can’t beat it, everyone should buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk