Favorite 22 pistol

Favorite 22 Pistol Poll

• Total voters

sdj

Fave .22

My fave .22 pistol: Ruger SP101 that I rented at a shop. I don't believe the pistol is being made in .22, anymore. :(

trickrick

1937 highstandard model b. god i love that gun. it's like shooting a 22 rifle. the distance i can shoot pop cans consitantly is amazing. 50 to 75 yards off hand is normal w/ cci stingers. rick

willsjeep

Ruger Mk II (biased opinion though, it is the only one of the choices I currently own.)
Really impressed the one time I got to shoot the Buckmark, would like to add one of those to my collection.

TNT_Shooter

If money is no object (it usually is, though), the Feinwerkbau AW93 is unbeatable. It is comparable to Hammerli or Morini .22's, but, in my opinion, a better shooter. My gun will shoot 3/4" groups at 50 yds - no problem.

Not many people know about them....google them for more info.

TNT

Gib

"I have a S&W model 41. It doesn't get any better than that as far as i'm concerned."
+1
If they weren't $800 we would all have one! :)

Hotbarrel

CZ Kadet

I'm absolutely amazed at my Kadet conversion kit. It's the most accurate, most fun .22 I've owned.

Just for comparison, I've bought and sold the following:
Browning Buckmark (great trigger, bad fouling problems & FTF/FTE's);
Ruger Mk III (good accuracy, heavy trigger, pain to takedown/reassemble);
Beretta Neos (decent trigger, easy takedown, fair accuracy).

I was happy with the Neos, but after buying my CZ-75B, I had to have the Kadet kit, so I sold the Neos to a buddy.
Now I have two guns in one. What's not to like?

skeeter1

I'm voting "other" even though that isn't a choice listed in the poll.

For the best entry-level .22 semi-auto, I'd go with a Browning Buckmark or a Beretta Neos (although I don't care much for the looks of the Neos).

For a mid-range pistol, I like my Beretta 87 Cheetah. At $650, it's not cheap, but well made, and more affordable than what I'd really like to have...

S&W M41 or Colt Woodsman Match Target. IMHO, those are as good as they get, and at $800-$1000, they're out of my league. I'm a fairly decent shooter, but not so good that I would do one of those justice. I'd be embarassed to pull one of those beauties out and then post target that was less than perfect.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Browning Buckmark Classic Plus SE

Item # 051361490
with Rosewood Laminate Pro Target Grips
Tru-Glo Marble (Green) Fiber Optic Front Sight
5.5" Bull Barrel

Here is a pic, and it shoots like a dream~! :cool: :D

Attachments

• DSCN8121_640x480.jpg
    DSCN8121_640x480.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 22

Rimrod

When reassembling the Rugers turn them upside down, this always seemed to help things go together easier.

PzGren

My favorite is a 4" S&W M22A. My sons and I shot it so much, that it just became "natural" to aim it.

9mm1033

I've only owned two from the list, the Buckmark and Ruger. This is my favorite:

DSCN1887.jpg