Favorite 22 pistol

Favorite 22 Pistol Poll

• Total voters

Casp_A

Hey, you forgot the Colt Woodsman! :barf:

The only .22 auto pistols I've used are the Colt, Browning, and multiple examples of the Ruger. Browning Buckmark was my favorite.

Travismaine

I have been shooting my mkII for 20 plus years and it is still fun though these days I use the 22/45 more often as I like the grip a little better.

AK103K

You did leave a bunch out, the Colt Woodsman and ACE, the High Standards, the other Brownings, to name a couple.

I've owned a number of all of them over the years, and right now the two I have the most fun with are my P22 and my SIG Mosquito, with the edge going to the SIG.

There are many different disciplines and uses, kind of hard to choose just one. Maybe it should be the "favorite of the moment".

denfoote

I have three Ruger MK-IIs.

This is my favorite.

P4Ruger.jpg

Hal

You should add "other" to the choices as it will most likely receive a lot of votes.
Absolutely.
A poll of .22's without including High Standard, Colt, and/or other is incomplete.
While I personally don't care for the Colt Woodsman, it's handsdown the single most popular .22 semi auto in the "best of all time" category.

BTW - my favorite is the Ruger .22/45. (Also lacking from the poll.)(although technically it could be a Mark II - but I tend to think of the Mark II's as the steel frame only)

cmreinke

I've said it before and I'll say it again: my Browning Buckmark Standard has one of the best triggers of any gun I've ever fired. ;) IMHO

44 AMP

Staff
Other

Ruger Mk I 6&7/8" (adj sights)

Browning Challenger

and just for fun, Stoeger Luger!

Bought the Ruger in the early 80s, and see no reason to spend any money on a MK II or MK III until this one wears out. Somehow, I don't think it will.

Browing Challenger - Bought by my Dad in the early 70s. Very nice gun. Inherited by me in 2003. Would glady give it up if I could have my Dad back.

Stoeger Luger - just neat guns to shoot.

I am also very fond of my Single Six and my Contender with the .22LR barrel, but since this is the autopistol forum, I won't mention them, ....anymore.

Rimrod

I've had a Ruger MKI and a MKII, that will never happen again. I've also had a S&W 622 and that will never happen again. I would like to get a S&W 41 but money is tight. I've been thinking about a Buckmark and will probably get one eventually.