Fair/good price for pre-lock Model 10 snub in GC?

AK103K

I picked up a couple of model 10 snubbies this past year. One, was a real nice, near NIB square butt, the other, a NY Deparment of Corrections trade in round butt that, other than the barrel coming lose this week when I shot it :rolleyes:, is in OK shape.

enhance

I paid $500 for the square butt and $325 for the round butt. The round butt came with the usual beat up pair of Uncle Mikes on it, which I replaced with a set of Magnas and a T Grip.

If youre looking for those types of replacement grips, better go to the bank. They have been going up in price pretty fast. What used to a $20 ittem, now starts at $40-$50 and above, and is pretty much the norm for a "decent" set. A really nice set is going to be a good bit more. I just got another decent set of K frame RB Magnas off EBay for $38.

I also picked up a pretty nice 4" Model 10. It has a bit of holster wear on the barrel, but other than that, I dont think it was shot much. It came with the factory Magnas on it. Paid $350 for it.

enhance

Eddietruett

A really nice 2" Model 10 around here will fetch around $500 when you see one which is almost never. Since I'm a 3" K Frame fanatic, I was really excited recently to pick up a Model 10 no dash in 3" from 1960. These were only available by special order until sometime in the 80's. Tempted to letter it, but supposedly it came from a retired County Sheriff. The gun is mechanically perfect but has a good bit of "honest" wear. The original diamond magnas have about half of the checkering worn off. I just wish it could talk@ Best bargain I've ever found on a model 10 at $375. I shoot it regularly