everyone needs a levergun chambered in _______

FrankenMauser

.22 LR centerfire. (".22 Rook", if you prefer.)

...Because then we wouldn't hear so much about lack of availability.
When you can't find it, you can make your own.

michaelcj

Agreed:

.22LR [a 1946 Marlin 39A if you can find one;)]

And

30WCF [Pre-64 Winchester 94 mine's a 1932 carbine but I like to add a 25-35 rifle octagon, if I could find one I feel like "affording"]

Tony Z

Having posted in this thread probably several times, and following it since it began, I've thought through what lever I really want and it is a Savage Model 99 in .250 Savage. Don't know the model designation, but I want a lightweight rifle.

As far rifle centerfires go, the .250-3000 is by far my favorite cartridge, followed in order by the 7mm X 57, the .45-70, the .30-30, the .270, the .22-250 and so forth. I have at least one of each of these, and several of most.

JimmyR

357 Mag

357 Magnum, because everyone should have a revolver in 357 magnum, and you need a rifle to match.

SARuger

And yet most all of us have or have had a 30-30 at some point in our life. I would like to have a dollar for every white tail killed by a lever action 30-30 :D

COSteve

357mag.

Handload it down to mouse fart loads for kids or small game or load it up with Buffalo Bore Heavy 357mag loads and shoot 158grn, .36caliber bullets going over 2,100fps; close to 30-30 performance and good enough for under 100yd deer shooting.

Jay24bal

When I think of a lever gun, I think of 30-30.

And that is the caliber my only lever gun is chambered in, but I plan to add a 44 Mag soon.

mavracer

Yep everybody should have a Red Ryder and then a 22lr and a thuddy/thuddy and a pistol caliber 357/44/45 take your choice (or if you're like me all three) and then a big thumper IE 45/70 and then and then and then.

849ACSO

357 Magnum, because everyone should have a revolver in 357 magnum, and you need a rifle to match.

Yup

22lr, 357 mag and 45-70

And this describes my lever gun collection. I feel adequately and sensibly armed. I can take everything from squirrel to grizzly............

dgludwig

.358 Winchester. Whitetails don't travel far after having been hit with a 200 grain Silvertip when placed anywhere near the "right" place.

Merry Christmas all!