Ever owned the exact same gun more than once?

22-rimfire

Never have owned the same serial numbered gun twice. I would love to own my original Colt Diamondback again. I keep looking. :D But I do own a number of the same model and finish of certain guns.

shamelessinct

Same gun

I bought an S&W Model 60 in my second year as a LEO and stamped my initials under the grips in the grip frame. I traded it off a couple years later for something that's long since gone. 20 years later a guy I used to work with called me; he was going through some hard times and wanted to sell a Model 60. I bought it; it looked familiar so I took off the grips and found my initials stamped on the grip frame. Still have it; won't ever sell it.

oldmanFCSA

Yes, and believe it or not, I purchased the SAME gun 6 years later at a different gun store in a different state. After purchase, I took stock off at gun counter to show my name written in bedding area with clear glas over it.
Dealer was shocked as were others at the gun counter. Dealer was initially upset that I was dismantling a gun at his counter, but I had to prove it to myself too. When I got home I verified the serial numbers too as I only remembered the mods I made to the stock. I think the gun was professionally re-blued at one time after my original sale of rifle.
It is my SafeQueen now and will stay there too. My children know the story too, and not to sell it ever.

FrankenMauser

Ruger Super Blackhawk. The story matters not. All that's important, is that it came back.

Another one that's a bit 'up in the air' is a late-'80s Rossi 62A .22 rifle. I owned it. Then I didn't. Then I sort of owned it. Now I kind of own half of it. :rolleyes:

FlySubCompact

Nope. But this reminds me of story I heard from my dad.

We were talking about the old single shot 12g my father inherited from his father. The shotgun was originally bought by my grandfather, used. It was old when he bought it. His main trading buddy was his brother-in-law and best friend, Cecil. Before, during and after the Great Depression these two traded this one shotgun, ump-teen times. They would only sell it to one another to make sure it stayed in the family. (Gramps would get low on money and trade it to Cecil and vice-versa)

The last time it changed hands from Cecil to Grandpa, Cecil told him: "If you count how many times this old gun has been sold and resold between us it would have to be the moneyest makin' gun in US history." :D

Goldy

Fourty years ago I sold twenty some guns due to a divorce. one was a U.S. 1917 That I had started to customize. I had cut the barrel, installed new sights and remove the 'ears for mounting a scope on tip-off rings. I had it blued and ordered a stock when the end came.

Last year my now brother-in-law handed me a rifle and said I could have it.

Different stock but he same gun. It's now in a Boyd's stock and shoots great.

Attachments

• 30-06 Start.jpg
    30-06 Start.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 9
  • CUSTOM 1917.jpg
    CUSTOM 1917.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 12

got2hav1

Same one

I traded a P6 to the LGS for something, I can not even remmber what. It stayed in the display case for two years until last week. I bought it back and corrected a big mistake. It is a keeper this time. :)

TheGunGuy

A CZ 75 compact I had traded off for an M&P40C. I missed that little CZ so much, I made the guy an offer he couldn't refuse. Now she's right back where she belongs.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Rob62

Nope, not the exact same gun. However I have for example owned multiple basic Ruger 10/22's over the years and keep getting rid of them. Right now I don't own any and do not plan on ever getting another one.

(I personally am not a huge fan of the 10/22 as the factory accuracy and trigger are horrible IMO)

Regards,
Rob