Evaluate quality/reliability of S&W MP AR in .223.

Ibmikey

Both of my Sport rifles have seen thousands of rounds of ammo without any breakages or malfunctions that i can recall. The rifles are well thought of in the shooting community with rarely a negative comment. I have AR's that cost many times the Sport.'s price but that does negate the fact that the Sport is fun to fire, reliable and a good buy.

Gunslick

Its just that if I am going to spend money on a rifle and for a couple hundred more I can get a top tier military approved bad as hell gonna run for 50,000+ rounds Im gonna go with BCM.

Ibmikey

I have rifles from many manufacturers and a number that i have built using selected components (mostly Aero) I shoot my DD rifle a lot but it seems there is always an M&P in the pile when i go shooting so they tend to get more rounds through them. The rifles that cost more or have the Colt name on them serve my uses no better than the less expensive rifles. I have both so i feel my observations are somewhat reliable. At last count there were 29 AR's in the racks, each different than the others some well appreciated names some not so but they all shoot each and every time just as they were designed to.

BWM

YOU need to look at the CORE that is made in FL and they are done by people that has served there country and they have a NO BULL&hit life time warranty even if you are the 8 person to own it.

Gunslick

Ibmiky I would keep going on your collection the way things are going. I wouldn't register shiznit either. Why register a legally owned (and no criminal record) semi auto rifle as an assault weapon, (to those of you in CA) I have been reading on the new laws that may go into affect. There were no votes or anything, I hope someone steps up and does something..poor bastards.

Ibmikey

I am no radical (but could be by driving across the river into Idaho :)) but to quote a friend of mine in Calif who was asked if his AR's would be registered: "They can go pee up a rope".

Gunslick

If it was me I would take a stand and not do anything, I would wake up that morning the moronic law took affect as if it were any other morning and I would probably go to work then go shooting as I normally would with my cool awesome bullet button thingy because I have no record, am not a bad guy-they are going to turn thousands of law abiding gun owners into criminals. If they want to do something stupid as they are they should allow people that already have stupid magazine impinging crap on their rifles stay as they are and if you want an ar you just have to make it featurless...but I KNOW not think but KNOW the law is moronic and they are acting un-constitutional towards us and that is the real issue here that folks need to wake up and do something about.