easily removing permanent marker from plastic cartridge boxes...

pgdion

I've found isopropyl alcohol removes even the industrial Sharpie with little effort and is usually safe for plastics, etc. You can get 90% or better stuff at any pharmacy (right next to the cheap 70% rubbing alcohol).

Barnacle Brad

Finger nails work to remove the sticky labels I write on with caliber and load data. Sharpies are for drawing mustaches on your passed out hunting partners...

wileybelch

For Wogpotter (posting #4), PEC-12 cleaner is a proprietary chemical cleaner specified to be sold ONLY to professional photographers to clean up their photos. The MSDS sheet specifically 'forbids' selling this product for personal, family, or household use.

Real Gun

What part of permanent marker don't we understand? :cool: I have the most trouble with bare aluminum and just polish it (and the patina) off.

Last edited:

wogpotter

For Wogpotter (posting #4), PEC-12 cleaner is a proprietary chemical cleaner specified to be sold ONLY to professional photographers to clean up their photos. The MSDS sheet specifically 'forbids' selling this product for personal, family, or household use.
Does it also specify how you prove you are a professional photographer? How is this "lawyer-proofing" disclaimer verified?;)

Salmoneye

Does it also specify how you prove you are a professional photographer? How is this "lawyer-proofing" disclaimer verified?

Not to mention that it is sold on Amazon and eBay...

I find no dire warning about 'pro-photographers only' in the MSDS...